Does the Supervisor IC (Sitronix ST9S313-DAG) on the Thermaltake PF1 Allows for UVP on the 12V rail?

boghubodaghi

So as you probably know, the Thermaltake PF1 (non RGB) PSU is on tier D on the PSU tier list. Such a bad placement for something that is supposed to be on tier A. The reason why it is on tier D is because it appears that it doesn't have UVP on the 12V rail. Now, I don't know if this assessment is true or not, because I might be missing something. I have read the review of Aris from Tomshardware and apparently, he doesn't test UVP so it's hard to tell. I've tried looking for the datasheet of that particular IC but I find nihil results. Maybe some of the masters here can shed a light on this?@jonnyGURU 

The Sitronix ST9S313 supports OVP, UVP for three voltage outputs.

It does not, however, support SCP.  That's not to say the PSU doesn't have it.  Just that that particular IC doesn't support it.

12 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

The Sitronix ST9S313 supports OVP, UVP for three voltage outputs.

It does not, however, support SCP.  That's not to say the PSU doesn't have it.  Just that that particular IC doesn't support it.

Alright, got it. One more question. Are SCP on PSUs implemented based on UVP protection? Because I read somewhere that it is the case. Or is it just in special cases where the IC works that way?

unknown.png

14 hours ago, boghubodaghi said:

Alright, got it. One more question. Are SCP on PSUs implemented based on UVP protection? Because I read somewhere that it is the case. Or is it just in special cases where the IC works that way?

unknown.png

Not really.  You can't rely strictly on UVP and it's true that most supervisor ICs don't support it.  That's why I said, using the ST9S313 doesn't mean the PSU doesn't have SCP.

I can say for the Corsair PSUs, there's a completely separate circuit, independent of the supervisor IC, that manages short circuit protection.