Is ok to give G2A passport?

Joealex24

Looking to sell some game keys I have that I'm not going to use so may as well sell them. Thought G2A is probably the best site for that but is it bad that they want your passport details? Maybe it's completely fine but don't know if I should be giving away my data like that.

Uh... no?

EDIT:

Don't give anyone other than the government stuff given to you by the government. 

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Uh... no?

No it's not ok or no its not bad?

Just now, Quackers101 said:

why use G2A at all. throw away those keys.

Why throw away money?

You should never give government identification to anyone other than the government. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

8 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Uh... no?

EDIT:

Don't give anyone other than the government stuff given to you by the government. 

10 minutes ago, Joealex24 said:

Looking to sell some game keys I have that I'm not going to use so may as well sell them. Thought G2A is probably the best site for that but is it bad that they want your passport details? Maybe it's completely fine but don't know if I should be giving away my data like that.

4 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

You should never give government identification to anyone other than the government. 

While there are MANY valid reasons to give non-government companies your governement issued ID, this would not be one of them.

4 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

While there are MANY valid reasons to give non-government companies your governement issued ID, this would not be one of them.

Showing someone an ID at the gas station to buy a 6-pack? Sure. But that's different from a scan of your passport. I do get what you mean, though.

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Just now, bellabichon said:

Showing someone an ID at the gas station to buy a 6-pack? Sure. But that's different from a scan of your passport. 

That is not what I said. At all. There are absolutely valid reasons to give your passport or gevernment issued ID to companies. For example. Open a bank account. They need a government issued ID (at least in most countries). Apply for a visa/mastercard, same thing. Want to get power/water/internet? Guess what they want? ID

Remember that when they get hacked,that data won't be safe.

Giving a personally identifying information to websites on the internet is a bad idea.

You can try CDKeys.com

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566