[SOLVED] Can not install AMD chipset drivers

TetraSky
Go to solution Solved by PwnyTheTiger,

Edit

Solved by doing the following

Spoiler

Enable the built-in administrator account with the following cmd/powershell command (elevated/admin mode, your user account needs to have administrator right)

net user administrator /active:yes

In order to set a password for this account type this command next:

net user administrator <Password>

where <Password> is the actual password you want to use for this account.

This command overwrite/reset the admin password if there is/was one.

Log Out and Log into the newly activated admin account.

Download the latest amd chipset driver for your board and install it. This worked for me.

If you want to disable the admin account:

1. Log out completely of the admin account

2. Log into your normal user account

3. Enter cmd/powershell (elevated mode)

4. Type the following command: net user administrator /active:no

5. Exit cmd/powershell

Credit to keithdsz on the AMD community forum.

I've been stuck on this since yesterday and Google has been unhelpful thus far, hoping someone here had this happen and know what to do.

image.png.1a0b0813d540dd589ea092515cb0cf40.png

I just can't install them. I've tried "extracting" the .exe to get the drivers directly, but even that says my system doesn't match the requirement.
I had the chipset drivers installed before, thought maybe something fucked it up. So I uninstalled them... Big mistake. Now I don't have chipset drivers installed.

Specs are in my profile and signature... But if you can't see those for some reason

MSI B450M Gaming Plus motherboard.
AMD Ryzen R5 3600.

Fully updated Windows 10 Pro 20H2

What I've tried thus far :
-Tried an older chipset driver version.

-Tried getting the chipset driver straight from MSI.
-Updating the BIOS to the latest available.

-Tried to install it in Safemode (same error).

-Extract the exe with 7zip to install it directly.

Anyone got some insight on this?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

System Specs: (Click Expand)                                              

"Beatrix"

• CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D
  • Motherboard GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS Pro Wi-Fi
  • RAM 2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200mhz CL16
  • GPU Gigabyte Eagle RX 6700XT
  • Case Corsair Crystal 280x
  • Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) 1x Samsung 860 Evo (1TB)
  • PSU EVGA G5 850W
  • Display(s) 27" Viewsonic XG2705
  • Cooling Corsair H100i Elite Capellix AIO | 4x QL120 RGB fans | 2x QL140 RGB fans
  • Keyboard Logitech G Pro
  • Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed /w Powerplay
  • Sound Logitech G Pro Wired
  • Operating System Windows 10 Professional 21H1

Have you tried installing the chipset driver through the Device Manager and directing the [Update Driver] to search on the computer and select the chipset drivers? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

16 minutes ago, PwnyTheTiger said:

Huh... Well shit.

Created a new admin user account and was able to install it. Still can't run it on my own user account, but at least it's installed now.
ffs Windows...

Thanks!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

• 7 months later...

Going from AMD 3.08.17.735 ver. to AMD 3.09.01.140 ver.

For what it's worth being an 'old' post. I have the same specs (Asus MoBo b450-5 3600) & issue as the OP.  

I tried the 'Solved' method and it did not work.  I tried the Device Mgr install no go. Tried as Admin (as per AMD forum) no go.

Asus had a new BIOS firmware update (4602) so I figured I better update the chipset drivers. The only way I was able t get them to install (kept getting 'your system does not meet requirements') I had to use the AMD Auto-Detect program for the newest chipset driver to install.