Why no ads on ads in youtube?

Kimmaz

Hi, I searched up a few of the advertisements that come before, during or after "normal" videos. And I watched 4 of them in a row as their "own video" kind of (not as ads during other videos). And I did not get a single ad during any of the ads. no between/before/after video ad. nothing. They where uploaded by Uber Eats, Amazon, Cheetos and Squarespace in the last week, and was around one minute long each.

Why does these uploaders have no ads on their videos. I think its kind of unfair that these videos has no ads on them. Even a 12 second clip of jeremy clarkson gets a minute ad before and after it.

Well they simply disable the ads. An uploader can choose to monetize the video or not.

It's an ads, why would they put an ads in it?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

9 minutes ago, Kimmaz said:

Why does these uploaders have no ads on their videos. I think its kind of unfair that these videos has no ads on them. Even a 12 second clip of jeremy clarkson gets a minute ad before and after it.

You probably got 'lucky' in the sense that YouTube doesn't always show ads. Their business relies on you watching the videos and too many ads will make it so you stop watching.

The algorithm probably thought it shouldn't have served you an ad, to make sure you were retained as a viewer.

4 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Well they simply disable the ads. An uploader can choose to monetize the video or not.

It's an ads, why would they put an ads in it?

YouTube somewhat recently announced they would put ads on all videos. As of right now, I can't find any way to disable ads on my videos either.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2475463?hl=en

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoetsier/2020/11/18/youtube-will-now-show-ads-on-all-videos-even-if-creators-dont-want-them/

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 minutes ago, minibois said:

YouTube somewhat recently announced they would put ads on all videos. As of right now, I can't find any way to disable ads on my videos either.

Well that's a bummer. I actually opened UberEats channel, there's no ads in any of the video.

I guess youtube will put an ads IF it detects a video is suitable for ads, in this case if it detects the video was primarily an ads, the ads would automatically disable. There are still some videos which doesn't have ads in them if it detects it is not suitable for ads (copyright, profanity, harassments, etc).

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

Youtube has ad's?

I know right.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro