1.16.5 Minecraft Forge keeps freakin' crashing >:CCC

HeyoDylo

Reinstalled Minecraft, deleted the .minecraft file, and it installed minecraft 1.16.5 forge, and it still wouldn't work?! 

Massive help please! >:0

If you run minecraft by itself, without forge or any other mods, does it work?

If yes, install forge itself without anything else.

Does it still work? If not, how did you install it and did you select the right folder?

If yes, it means whatever mod you were trying to add to the game with Forge, is the culprit. Now you need to identify which one.

If you want to take it easy, just get Curse Forge or FTB launchers on Overwolf.

Those, at least, will work and typically have all you can want as far as modpack goes.

And you can always customize the modpacks with more(or less) mods if you feel like it doesn't have the ones you want (or if you don't want a specific mod).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

If yes, then move to JUST forge itself.

Does it work? If not, how did you install it and did you select the right folder?

If yes, it means whatever mod you were trying to add to the game with Forge, is the culprit. Now you need to identify which one.

Those, at least, will work and typically have all you can want as far as modpack goes.

And you can always customize the modpacks with more(or less) mods if you feel like it doesn't have the ones you want (or if you don't want a specific mod).

Nope, I reinstalled minecraft, got a clean version of Forge, No mods at all, and still won't work. I'm not running any sort of incompatible mods, I literally have nothing on it, but its continually crashing. Maybe its a bad .jar file? Forge 1.16.5 is still in development and can have a few bugs here and there, but it wont run at all

also, i checked in the .versions file, and I noticed something strange, when I launched forge, some 1.16.5 forge builds weren't running on a .jar file at all, they just had text in the versions, and nothing to physically run it off of.

Maybe I uninstalled minecraft incorrectly? If so- how to fully delete minecraft? just delete the .minecraft file, ye?

But- yea, overall, no mods, nothing, still crashing, minecraft runs fine off of optifine though

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

If yes, then move to JUST forge itself.

Does it work? If not, how did you install it and did you select the right folder?

but minecraft runs just fine without forge

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Does it still work? If not, how did you install it and did you select the right folder?

i can send you a screenshot of the physical files themselves maybe you'd get a good perspective of whats happening

17 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

actually im just gonna try curseforge hopefully it'll work

45 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

curseforge crashed too- it has to do something with my actual minecraft

okay i just realized something, i think forge just has a faulty 1.16.5 client,  I tried 1.12.2 and it runs perfectly fine, so it has to be 1.16.5 clients

1 hour ago, HeyoDylo said:

okay i just realized something, i think forge just has a faulty 1.16.5 client,  I tried 1.12.2 and it runs perfectly fine, so it has to be 1.16.5 clients

Haven't tried 1.16.5, but 1.16.2 worked fine for me with a modpack.
Give it some time, it will probably be patched soon enough.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

ok

Tried downloading curseforge for 1.16.5, but it crashes there, and Forge for 1.16.5 keeps crashing too- all the builds they have keep doing it. I have literally 0 mods in my folder, and it continues to keep on crashing continually, I can't provide a crash log because it doesn't have the file, "crash-reports"

if someone can help, would be appreciated, final post about minecraft bugs, dont wanna fill the fourms with minecraft related things

-= Topics Merged =-

No need to repost this topic, just update your current one.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I have the same problem when i use the curseforge (overwolf) launcher but it worked when i installed the newest version of forge  (36.0.14). Although it didn't work in the curse launcher so maybe the curse launcher has a problem ...🤷🏼‍♀️

image.jpg

• 4 months later...

I just duplicated the installation and it worked for me

(i also removed the immersive portals file from my mods idk if that had anything to do with it)

• 8 months later...
On 2/4/2021 at 6:55 PM, TetraSky said:

It's 2022 and it's still happening for me. I cannot get it to work

22 hours ago, LightLock said:

It's 2022 and it's still happening for me. I cannot get it to work

system spoecs??? 32-bit or 64-bit

java or bedrock edition?

migrated to microsoft account?

current main system: as of 1st Jan 2023

motherboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

ram : 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz

Video Card : RX 550 4 GIG

Monitor: BENQ 21 inch