Craigslist PC keeps crashing in games, please help.

I recently bought a PC off craigslist for my girlfriend. I switched out her RTX 2060 for myself and gave her my Gigabyte GTX 1060. I also formatted my 1 TB hard drive and gave it to her since her PC only came with a 512 GB m.2. I started playing games on my PC with the 2060 and all the games are crashing. VRchat, DBD, 7 days to die, I know these aren't the most stable games but i NEVER had crashes this often before I switched to this 2060. I seriously cannot tell if the GPU is faulty or if its something wrong with the files ive probably messed up from transferring  files from drive to drive. I've done so much cleaning up with temp files, dump files, using DDU to uninstall old drivers, you name it, I've probably tried it and games still continue to crash. I'm fairly certain the 2060 is faulty and maybe I got ripped off but I'm glad my GF has a PC now but It really sucks if it really is the 2060 because all my games run smoothly. 144 FPS, 1080p, ultra settings, and then will just crash for seemingly no reason. I don't have another GPU to test this out with but I was thinking of formatting my entire PC, boot drive and all, but before I do that, I would really love a second opinion. I'm willing to talk in discord or something if needed. I would really appreciate if anyone can help in anyway. Thank you for taking the time to read this. My discord is Klokparty#9193

This is the PC I bought off the guy on craigslist:      hhttps://computerdealsdirect.com/hp-omen-obelisk-desktop-875-0129-intel-i7-16gb-ram-2tb-hdd-256gb-ssd-geforce-rtx-2060-6gb/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA0-6ABhDMARIsAFVdQv_YjjP1ZRMHcoDjecE1UeT0GbB9UOq6Wjg9SBq9tXf_evxNPVIRPDwaAoRzEALw_wcB

Edited by Klokparty
forgot to add

12 minutes ago, Klokparty said:

I switched out her RTX 2060 for myself and gave her my Gigabyte GTX 1060.

Babe, you don't need a 2060, let me have it, 1060 is okay you know. lol.

Why don't you test it in your gf pc first.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

Babe, you don't need a 2060, let me have it, 1060 is okay you know. lol.

Why don't you test it in your gf pc first.

lol she lives in another state. I shipped it to her. Her PC works fine! 0 crashes on her end

Check the temp, reinstall driver, repaste the chip, adjust the fan curve.

If all fails check the PSU. How old is your PSU? 

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

27 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Check the temp, reinstall driver, repaste the chip, adjust the fan curve.

If all fails check the PSU. How old is your PSU? 

I have reinstalled driver, temps are fine, it crashes even at 71c, and my PSU is about 3 years old. It's a 600 watt evga. According to PC partpicker, my total wattage with the 2060 included, is around 350. And I have a 600 watt PSU. But it is using an extender. The normal cables are ketchup and mustard. I just used an extender to make.it prettier. Not sure if extenders effect performance. Just thought I'd add it. 

Wattage is not important as your PC can run even with a good 450w.

3 years is time for a so-so PSU to be replaced.

If you still have a warranty, try RMA.

6 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Wattage is not important as your PC can run even with a good 450w.

3 years is time for a so-so PSU to be replaced.

If you still have a warranty, try RMA.

I got the GPU off Craigslist and it was from a pre built. So are you thinking it is probably a faulty graphics card? If it is that sucks cause of the shortages going on haha

38 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

How much did you pay for the GPU?

I paid 880 for the whole PC and I took the 2060 out and put a 1060 in there and gave it to my gf. And it came with a free omen 144hz monitor. And I provided a link on the original post to show the PC I bought. Which normally goes for over 1k according the Amazon. 

That's a steal, now before you put a nail on that thing, why don't you try it on another pc.

Did you test it on the omen before?

3 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

That's a steal, now before you put a nail on that thing, why don't you try it on another pc.

Did you test it on the omen before?

Yeah it worked fine. I was able to play cyberpunk with high to ultra settings, rtx on, and it didnt crash for an entire like 4 or 5 hour session. then the next day everything crashes. they all run smoothly on max settings, they just crash for seemingly no reason and I cant figure out why. I just formatted my whole PC and i retried the games again and still crash. I have a feeling I got ripped off on the 2060. Sucks but at least my girlfriend is happy I guess lol idk what im gonna do about finding another gpu though sadly. Guess I'm stuck until they restock or something

Edited by Klokparty
forgot to add

On 2/4/2021 at 3:44 PM, Klokparty said:

Yeah it worked fine. I was able to play cyberpunk with high to ultra settings, rtx on, and it didnt crash for an entire like 4 or 5 hour session. then the next day everything crashes. they all run smoothly on max settings, they just crash for seemingly no reason and I cant figure out why. I just formatted my whole PC and i retried the games again and still crash. I have a feeling I got ripped off on the 2060. Sucks but at least my girlfriend is happy I guess lol idk what im gonna do about finding another gpu though sadly. Guess I'm stuck until they restock or something

A lot of these GPU's have been used for Crypto creation, and they are burnt out... hopefully you did not get that. Contact the manufacturer, it may have warranty still, or they may be able to fix it for a fraction of the cost.

You could try cleaning the pcie contacts on the gpu with alcohol, also trying a different slot as well. Also have you checked event viewer for the errors? It usually helps to pin down issues.

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus