Too many headphones - place to keep/store/display them?

SirReallySam

Hi all,

Got the classic first world problem of audiofiles where I've got too many headphones now and they just kinda get put in a pile when I'm not using them.

Any cool ideas/products on how/where/what to store them/hang them etc. would quite like to keep them relatively easy to grab though as I switch between them a lot.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Sam

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I can totally relate to that lol. I have a fairly long office in lengte, I think 170cm if I remember correctly and under my keyboard, I have the Corsair MM350 XL mousepad. Next to my monitor and keyboard, I have place for 4 fullsize headphone on the right side and left side place for 4 headphones too but it's in use. With this office I can grab the headphone with ease, no need to store them away elsewhere. My office is quite one of a kind though and the add-on has been discontinued 😞

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

57 minutes ago, SirReallySam said:

Hi all,

Got the classic first world problem of audiofiles where I've got too many headphones now and they just kinda get put in a pile when I'm not using them.

Any cool ideas/products on how/where/what to store them/hang them etc. would quite like to keep them relatively easy to grab though as I switch between them a lot.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Sam

I would take a look at wall mounted coat hangers. I personally use the TJUSIG from IKEA for long term storage of headphones/headphone cables.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/tjusig-hanger-white-60291708/

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

If you want to simply store them, a wood board 'stuck' onto a wall with nails (or whatever else you want to hang your headphones with) does the job just fine. You can also paint it, or do some rad art stuff to the wood board to make it more fancy and also use good looking hooks (in your opinion) to make it even more fancier. This will also makes them easy to grab, it's basically just put and grab as you wish