3600mhz C18 or 3200mhz C16 for a Ryzen 7/9 5800x/5900x

So I will be buying my pc in like 1 month and I wanted to know if I should go 3600mhz C18 or 3200mhz C16. I initially wanted to go 3600mhz C16 but it was out of my budget. The PC is going to be for gaming, streaming and some school work. Do you guys think I should go with 3600mhz C16 and increases my budget to 30$ 40$, or I could go with the others one.

3600MHz would be better so that you can keep the memory and infinity fabric at a 1:1 ratio for the best performance. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

10 minutes ago, Padblaze said:

So I will be buying my pc in like 1 month and I wanted to know if I should go 3600mhz C18 or 3200mhz C16. I initially wanted to go 3600mhz C16 but it was out of my budget. The PC is going to be for gaming, streaming and some school work. Do you guys think I should go with 3600mhz C16 and increases my budget to 30$ 40$, or I could go with the others one.

According to multiple sources I have read online, I found it's better to go for higher freq memory, than CAS latency when comparing memory of different frequencies. Without going into too much details, of which I'm no expert, an increase in freq is preferred over a reduction in CAS latency for different frequencies of RAM. A 3600 MHz CL 18 would be better, in a nutshell.

You could skim through this article, under the heading how to choose RAM: http://blog.logicalincrements.com/2018/11/choosing-ram-cas-true-latency/#:~:text=Similarly%2C the comparison of CAS,a latency of 10.56 nanoseconds.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

8 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

According to multiple sources I have read online, I found it's better to go for higher freq memory, than CAS latency. Without going into too much details, of which I'm no expert, an increase in freq is preferred over a reduction in CAS latency for different frequencies of RAM. A 3600 MHz CL 18 would do just fine.

You could skim through this article, under the heading how to choose RAM: http://blog.logicalincrements.com/2018/11/choosing-ram-cas-true-latency/#:~:text=Similarly%2C the comparison of CAS,a latency of 10.56 nanoseconds.

Alright thanks for your time 🙂

9 minutes ago, Analog said:

3600MHz would be better so that you can keep the memory and infinity fabric at a 1:1 ratio for the best performance. 

Alright thanks 🙂

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv