Chromium browser will stop syncing with google accounts on March 15th

Ashleyyyy
46 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

People keep saying this, yet I have to find a webpage that doesn't work in Firefox. And I doubt web admins have to rewrite whole pages just to run on Firefox. It's frankly just not as problematic as everyone seem to say it is.

it's not that sites don't work, but they are more buggy. this forum has a few bugs in it that are specific to firefox for example.

She/Her

2 hours ago, StDragon said:

Good. There's a reason I'm using the new MS Edge and not Google Chrome even though they're both based on Chromium.

Meh, the only thing you did is changed which company harvests your data.....

3 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Meh, the only thing you did is changed which company harvests your data.....

Change? More like reduced. Because if you're running Windows 10, MS is doing that anyways. Might as well go all in with Edge; makes no difference聽馃ぃ

Sadly, Firefox isn't exactly suitable聽in terms of security. Project Fission (Site isolation) is still in the works and to my knowledge it hasn't implemented the really advanced stuff like GPU isolation. Chromium is pretty great in terms of security.

I'm personally more of an Epiphany (linux browser based on Apple's webkit). Tight setuid/bubblewrap rules + all of webkit's features like cache partitioning, ITP, Tracker collusion, etc. It helps when the main company behind the engine isn't an ad company.

Though sometimes websites break, and I have to change to ungoogled-chromium.

18 hours ago, StDragon said:

Google is an analytics company, so I'm ok with then defining the parameter of what is and isn't in their ecosystem.聽

It's kinda the good old聽EEE聽tactics and I'm not really ok with that ever, it's anti competitive and "evil". Just because corporations often get away with it doesn't make it ok, just effective I guess lol.聽

The direction tells you... the direction.聽

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition)聽

MSI Afterburner聽

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper聽

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity聽

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop聽

Superposition聽

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

13 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

It's kinda the good old聽EEE聽tactics and I'm not really ok with that ever, it's anti competitive and "evil". Just because corporations often get away with it doesn't make it ok, just effective I guess lol.聽

How I'm learning to deal with Google...

wargames-moranbondaroff-detroit-340x239.jpg.202f46ebba55e8ad8aa10111793a9c5f.jpg