5900x launch day buyers, have you gotten yours yet?

Sacro

How long has it taken for you to receive your 5900x if you ordered at launch?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How long has it taken for you to receive your 5900x if you ordered at launch?

• I got stupid lucky and actually got some of the limited launch stock.
    • I got mine within 4 weeks.
    • I got mine within 4-8 weeks,
    • I only just got mine in the last week or two.
    • Still waiting after ordering at launch.
    • I'm and arsehole and already have one despite having ordered after launch day.

I'm sitting here in Australia, watching the painfully slow drip feed of CPU's coming through.

At this point I don't even have an ETA for my CPU, which I have paid for in full nearly three months ago now, and wanted to know what your experiences were.

I'm also curious how this has played out depending on country, because here in Australia we traditionally get dicked over by tech companies in some way or another, and I am constantly seeing people in the states who didn't order on launch day but in the time since launch saying they already have theirs already, meanwhile launch day buyers in Australia are still waiting, with what looks like less that 500 CPU's coming in per shipment, and those shipments seeming to only happen once every 2 weeks at best.

image.png.c3eb02a23299482d044c86d78a035fb7.png

lol someone is salty

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I didn't buy one myself, but in germany we're at a point now where all the Zen3 CPUs are in stock, albeit at 50-200€ over MSRP depending on the exact CPU. If i would want a 5950X right now and be willing to pay 950€ for it, i could have one right now.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

image.png.c3eb02a23299482d044c86d78a035fb7.png

lol someone is salty

Wouldn't you be when you paid full price for it 3 months ago and didn't even get a ETA yet?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

lol someone is salty

Yeah, I think I'm justifiably annoyed at AMD right now. People who ordered on the night (it was 11pm where I live when orders went live) should be the first to get these, well before anyone else.

I bought one for a friends build a month ago or so arrived after 2 days. They were available for only 50€ more than normal price so nothing special really compared to ordering anything else online.

I haven't bought one yet, but I'm planning to, along with an additional 16GB of RAM and maybe a better cooler, depending on how well my SpinQ++ performs.

elephants

Just now, Sacro said:

Yeah, I think I'm justifiably annoyed at AMD right now. People who ordered on the night (it was 11pm where I live when orders went live) should be the first to get these, well before anyone else.

It's not only amd at fault it's basically just the combined problems of everything causing the issues.

in the U.K it seems like the 5800x and 500x are in stock, and in the rest of the world the chips are 50 - 100 over msrp

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, jaslion said:

I bought one for a friends build a month ago or so arrived after 2 days. They were available for only 50€ more than normal price so nothing special really compared to ordering anything else online.

So Europe has reliable stock right now then? By reliable I mean they have fulfilled their pre-orders and now its people buying today who are waiting.

Just now, Sacro said:

So Europe has reliable stock right now then? By reliable I mean they have fulfilled their pre-orders and now its people buying today who are waiting.

Pretty much, yes.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

Wouldn't you be when you paid full price for it 3 months ago and didn't even get a ETA yet?

But that makes the person buying one an asshole? They likely received it first due to some logistics thing we will likely never know.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Sacro said:

Oh no this was just sitting on a site most people normally don't buy from cuz the website sucks and I just ordered it from there as I know how to navigate the terrible site :p. Preorders in other stores are by far not done yet.

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

But that makes the person buying one an asshole?

It's called a tongue in cheek joke my friend. I'm an Australian, that is our sense of humour.

Just now, Sacro said:

It's called a tongue in cheek joke my friend. I'm an Australian, that is our sense of humour.

Fair enough lol. Just found it amusing especially with the seemingly endless toxicity on this forum to anyone who dare purchase computer hardware during "these times"

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

15 minutes ago, Sacro said:

While pre-order does put u ahead in the queue, I wonder how well it'll work out for some people, if they just waited and ordered from other places that have it when they see it in stock

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

25 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

While pre-order does put u ahead in the queue, I wonder how well it'll work out for some people, if they just waited and ordered from other places that have it when they see it in stock

Pretty poor effort from AMD if they, after nearly 3 months, can't organise a list of pre-orders and prioritise shipping those first.

4 minutes ago, Sacro said:

Pretty poor effort from AMD if they, after nearly 3 months, can't organise a list of pre-orders and prioritise shipping those first.

AMD distributes the CPU to supplier, which then distributes to retailer

You pre-ordered from retailer, and the upper chain is in no obligation to fulfill the order as far as I know, as bad as that may sound

You might be SOL if the supplier doesn't care about demand of each retailer and just distributes it evenly

You might see it available in some retailers that have less orders while still not getting yours

If the supplier gives to whoever pays more, then you're in worse shape because you probably pre-ordered in MSRP, which is probably below the true market price that those CPU are going for so you're definitely not gonna get them until the price settles back down to MSRP if that's the case

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv