Lightweight but all functions video editor?

iKratos

Tried premiere pro but long rendering times. Takes around 25 mins to render a 11 min video. Also CPU usage is 100%

Specs: ryzen 3200g, 8 gb, 256 gb ssd, no external gpu.

Filmora is buggy as always.

Any other solution?

I mean, running integrated graphics with 8GB of system memory, it's gonna take some struggle bus all the time with that....

10 minutes ago, iKratos said:

Takes around 25 mins to render a 11 min video.

That depends primarily on the resolution of the video and the codec that is used (and the speed of your PC, of course). So other editors using the same codec would have similar results.

Also CPU usage is 100%

You want rendering to complete as fast as possible, no? Reducing CPU usage while rendering = longer render time.

Any other solution?

A faster CPU with a lot more cores, or a GPU that has hardware support for rendering.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

9 minutes ago, iKratos said:

Any other solution?

You're asking for a magical thing. There is no non-magical thing that's going to be able to render videos on your hardware both fast and well. With any non-magical thing, you'll either have to compromise on speed or quality, there is simply no way around that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Even if you had Premiere Pro WITH Hardware Acceleration, the GPU doesn't do it ALL, and mostly it's still the CPU primary job taker,..and time isn't halved,..

GPU-HW Jobs in PremierePro did absolute wonders for my i7 4790K encode times, like yours,.. over double real-time waiting for 25mins for 11 mins of content down to around realtime or faster (sub10mins for 11mins)

You do need some GPU supported software to really make things faster (within reasonable expectations of Hardware)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 hour ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Even if you had Premiere Pro WITH Hardware Acceleration, the GPU doesn't do it ALL, and mostly it's still the CPU primary job taker,..and time isn't halved,..

GPU-HW Jobs in PremierePro did absolute wonders for my i7 4790K encode times, like yours,.. over double real-time waiting for 25mins for 11 mins of content down to around realtime or faster (sub10mins for 11mins)

You do need some GPU supported software to really make things faster (within reasonable expectations of Hardware)

Oh so ur saying my cpu is good and if I add an external gpu, it would not utilise full cpu?

15 minutes ago, iKratos said:

Oh so ur saying my cpu is good and if I add an external gpu, it would not utilise full cpu?

You want GPU (AMD) Based encoding support in your video editors (supporting OpenCL for AMD GPU/APU)

The encodes will be somewhat faster than CPU alone encoding...but not the magic bullet vs more cores but a worthy mention to stem off an upgrade.

You already have a GPU in that APU setup you own.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just now, SkilledRebuilds said:

You want GPU (AMD) Based encoding support in your video editors (supporting OpenCL for AMD GPU/APU)

The encodes will be somewhat faster than CPU alone encoding...but not the magic bullet vs more cores but a worthy mention to stem off an upgrade.

So as I have ryzen, it would be better to get radeon card instead of nvidia? I don't have that much tech knowledge.

32 minutes ago, iKratos said:

So as I have ryzen, it would be better to get radeon card instead of nvidia? I don't have that much tech knowledge.

Your Ryzen CPU has integrated gfx you don't need to buy any GPU as you have one.

You need to find video editors that support AMD OpenCL video processing

7 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Your Ryzen CPU has integrated gfx you don't need to buy any GPU as you have one.

You need to find video editors that support AMD OpenCL video processing

Oh alright, thanks for the clarification

Concluding that what you are asking is to reduce render times. Which, as stated, is tied to your CPU/GPU used for rendering, chosen video codec, bitrate and resolution. Not software.

On software side, Resolve is good, but can be heavy on hardware. Hitfilm is another, but at some point had issues if you use DPI scaling on Windows. OpenCut is open-source, so take it as what you want. Those are the free options.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv