Windows 7 install issues

Coltonw023456
Go to solution Solved by Applefreak,
1 hour ago, Coltonw023456 said:

so i have a slower laptop i had for a few years now and i installed windows 7 the same ISO i used in the past and it worked now its not working not sure whats going on here it says loading files then goes to the bluescreen the screenshot is down below  i know it worked before and i can't seem to find anything on youtube 

the laptop is a 

Dell Inspiron 3531

unknown.png

If the system was installed with UEFI mode, make sure it is set in bios. If not make sure it is set to legacy mode. This error can also point to a ram issue, check if it is seated properly, maybe one the springs that hold the dimms in place is bad. Some electrical tape can be a solution here. If you reset the bios, the boot order will be you next step to look into. Make sure you have a legacy or UEFI drive booting selected, depending on what you have selected and installed. Maybe try switching around. If you feel like reinstalling windows, set everything to legacy and give it a try. Usually that is the easier way, especially on older machines. Also, updating the bios might not be such a bad idea. It could help with stability and OS support in general. Check DELL's website for an update.

so i have a slower laptop i had for a few years now and i installed windows 7 the same ISO i used in the past and it worked now its not working not sure whats going on here it says loading files then goes to the bluescreen the screenshot is down below  i know it worked before and i can't seem to find anything on youtube 

the laptop is a 

Dell Inspiron 3531

unknown.png

Are you sure the drive is still able to retain data without corruption?

5 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

May I ask what is the reason you are installing the OS again? Assuming as you said it has worked before.

Have you been tinkering in the BIOS?

i switched hard drives to a SSD because it made it faster lol but i reset it to defaults the bios and i have only the UEFI thing to the legacy i remember one of those made it work but now i cant get it to work 

20 minutes ago, emosun said:

Are you sure the drive is still able to retain data without corruption?

and yes i also tried a few drives and still the same issue if thats is what your asking

57 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

the laptop is a 

Dell Inspiron 3531

unknown.png

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/stop-error-0x000000a5-error-upon-installation-of/e57603db-0a15-453e-86d7-4892660872c2#:~:text=A "Stop%3A 0x000000A5" error,is supported in Windows 7.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

? im reading and i don't see how it could fix it if it worked before this laptop is 2015 old and i never updated the bios ever so it worked last year but not now i forgot how i got passed the bluescreen issue 

1 hour ago, Coltonw023456 said:

the laptop is a 

Dell Inspiron 3531

unknown.png

If the system was installed with UEFI mode, make sure it is set in bios. If not make sure it is set to legacy mode. This error can also point to a ram issue, check if it is seated properly, maybe one the springs that hold the dimms in place is bad. Some electrical tape can be a solution here. If you reset the bios, the boot order will be you next step to look into. Make sure you have a legacy or UEFI drive booting selected, depending on what you have selected and installed. Maybe try switching around. If you feel like reinstalling windows, set everything to legacy and give it a try. Usually that is the easier way, especially on older machines. Also, updating the bios might not be such a bad idea. It could help with stability and OS support in general. Check DELL's website for an update.

21 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

? im reading and i don't see how it could fix it if it worked before this laptop is 2015 old and i never updated the bios ever so it worked last year but not now i forgot how i got passed the bluescreen issue 

If you installed via UEFI, and then changed to BIOS, it's gonna BSoD.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

okay well im trying to update the bios first and go from there thank you 

42 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

it was the BIOS i needed to update BIOS image.thumb.png.f4b5f650f380a1dcea2033d5a7e67b6b.png

6 hours ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

well the thing is i was confused this laptop is either 2013 2014 0r 2015 model but i think its either 2013 or 2014 because of the BIOS update is a 2014 update  the thing that got me confused is it used to work and i have not updated that bios or anything untill last night and it worked so like how unless something changed on its own