Port Forwarded TCP 25565 (for Minecraft), But No One Can Join Still

daviden

When I type in my own address I can join just fine, but no one else can. I checked on port checker and it reports that 25565 is closed even though my router says its on the list of opened ports. I'm not sure what to do. 

Check if your port is actually forwarded by using canyouseeme.org while the server is running, make sure you set your operating system firewall correctly.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Are you giving out your private or public address to your friends?

Who is your ISP? If you look on your router do you see a WAN IP address of 10.x.x.x or 100.64.x.x through 100.127.255.x? (this would indicate CG-NAT of some kind)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

you need both to be open

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Are you giving out your private or public address to your friends?

Who is your ISP? If you look on your router do you see a WAN IP address of 10.x.x.x or 100.64.x.x through 100.127.255.x? (this would indicate CG-NAT of some kind)

I gave them the IPv4 address I saw in command prompt and the address that google tells me (tried both separately). I use Fios. My WAN IP starts with 100.16.xx.xxx

7 minutes ago, Levent said:

Check if your port is actually forwarded by using canyouseeme.org while the server is running, make sure you set your operating system firewall correctly.

It doesn't appear to be open, I've done port forewarding before so I don't know where to look if some setting has changed.

2 minutes ago, daviden said:

I gave them the IPv4 address I saw in command prompt and the address that google tells me (tried both separately). I use Fios. My WAN IP starts with 100.16.xx.xxx

Your ISP most likely has CGNAT, you can call them up and ask for a non CGNAT IP, but where I live they just force me to buy a static ip.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

Your ISP most likely has CGNAT, you can call them up and ask for a non CGNAT IP, but where I live they just force me to buy a static ip.

FIOS is Verzion (assuming they're in the US as that's the only place I've heard it called FIOS) and I don't recall them doing CG-NAT, plus 100.16.x.x shouldn't be used for CG-NAT but they might be doing it still.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

FIOS is Verzion (assuming they're in the US as that's the only place I've heard it called FIOS) and I don't recall them doing CG-NAT, plus 100.16.x.x shouldn't be used for CG-NAT but they might be doing it still.

You're right it is Verizon.

So what IP should they be using? My router tells me my computer's IPv4 address. Then there's my WAN IP address, I'm not sure which to use.

25 minutes ago, daviden said:

You're right it is Verizon.

So what IP should they be using? My router tells me my computer's IPv4 address. Then there's my WAN IP address, I'm not sure which to use.

WAN IP address, always. Your computer IP address is what's known as a private IP address which cannot be routed over the internet. You need to port forward to the private IP address in your router to the IP the server runs on.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, Lurick said:

WAN IP address, always. Your computer IP address is what's known as a private IP address which cannot be routed over the internet. You need to port forward to the private IP address in your router to the IP the server runs on.

Ok cool, so on the port forwarding section on my router I have it forwarded to an IP address that claims to be my computer's, but I can't find it anywhere else (I'm certain I've used this address before for other applications). There is a second IP that also claims to be my computer's, the IPv4 address that I see on command prompt, and when I try to open the port to that address the page either crashes or just gives me a blank error message. I don't know if you'll have any idea what's going on.

2 minutes ago, daviden said:

Ok cool, so on the port forwarding section on my router I have it forwarded to an IP address that claims to be my computer's, but I can't find it anywhere else. There is a second IP that is a little different, the IPv4 address that I see on command prompt, and when I try to open the port to that address the page either crashes or just gives me a blank error message. I don't know if you'll have any idea what's going on.

You can post the private IP addresses, those nobody can do anything with. Your public IPv4 address isn't something you should post though just to be on the safe side. If you mean an address like fe80:something then that's an IPv6 link local address, or are you talking about the 127.0.0.1 address?

Anything with 10.x.x.x, 172.16.x.x through 172.31.x.x and 192.168.x.x is fine to post as those are all in the private range.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Ok I was a little confused. It looks like the IP that I'm used to my computer having has changed? I recently did a big motherboard/cpu swap so maybe that did something? Whatever happened, the case seems to be that when I try to port to my private IPv4 address the page crashes or errors out. I don't expect you to have a fix for this. Maybe I just need to contact ISP?

AHA!

Ok I think I figured it out. I needed to create an IPv6 pinhole on those ports, I also did a regular port forward for those ports. Maybe this should've been obvious to me and I'm an idiot, but when I check the status of the port online it appears to be open now. If it works it works.

Thanks for all the help!