PCIE slot device manager error .....This sucks.

inovauxon

So here is the problem,

I want to install my graphics card, the same card that was working just last week until I updated from windows home premium to ultimate.After the update,I go to install my graphics  card's driver but when installing the driver (The latest one from nvidias website) for my graphics card, I got an error code.

NVIDIA installer cannot continue

This NVIDIA graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware

post-64252-0-24353400-1395322019_thumb.p

so I then went over to device manager and checked it out and fair enough I find that

Intel® 82801FB/FBM PCI Express Root Port - 2662 has an error

post-64252-0-09814800-1395322384_thumb.p

Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device.  To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)

post-64252-0-37846600-1395322405_thumb.p

Okay ,then I went over to my motherboards manufacture and downloaded  the latest Bios and updated it through DOS from a bootable USB and it updated successfully.  So I go to my desktop again to try to install the driver again and still no luck.All the errors in device manager are still the same if anybody has any suggestions that would be great!I am trying to avoid to buy a new motherboard.

what I already have attempted

- downgrade to previous versions of windows (windows 7 home premium,windows XP)

-got latest  GPU drivers from manufactures website

-Updated bios

-replaced PSU

-made sure GPU was properly connected

-made sure power was going to GPU

Additional info 

- display cable to monitor from GPU is connected and is working just cannot install GPU driver

System specs ...don't judge

Manufacture: ACER

Model: Acer Power FG

Processor: Intel ® Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.93 GHZ 

Ram: 4gb (2x2gb) crucial ddr2 memory

GPU: GeForce GTX 670

Mobo: acer E915GVM mainboard

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,

Inovauxon

That pent 4 is a single core..? I'm pretty sure they don't have quad core pents, let alone dual core pent 4's.

also it looks like your motherboard just can't handle it.

I don't know why, some OEM proprietary reasons they made it to not be compatible. 

i'm try not to judge, but 16gb RAM, a 760, and a pent 4 is pretty...uh

Error: 410

That pent 4 is a single core..? I'm pretty sure they don't have quad core pents, let alone dual core pent 4's.

also it looks like your motherboard just can't handle it.

I don't know why, some OEM proprietary reasons they made it to not be compatible. 

i'm try not to judge, but 16gb RAM, a 760, and a pent 4 is pretty...uh

ok ok I am aware that my pc is not the best but it worked with the same  GPU,RAM and cpu last week for months it is just when I updated windows when the problem appeard

ok ok I am aware that my pc is not the best but it worked with the same  GPU,RAM and cpu last week for months it is just when I updated windows when the problem appeard

have you done a clean reinstall?

also do you have another PC that you can test the 760 on?

Maybe the motherboard's drivers broke during the upgrade. Try finding a driver or running a clean install of Windows maybe. Though that is some really odd balance I must say. Guessing your waiting for the next line of intel chips?

have you done a clean reinstall?

also do you have another PC that you can test the 760 on?

I have tested the 670 15 minutes ago on another pc working good drivers installed successfully and everything,and I did a clean install the other day still no luck

Have you tried downloading the chipset drivers from the Intel website and installing those? You can use a program like CPU-Z to find out what chipset yours is and post it here :)

Get CPU-Z here:

www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Look on the "Mainboard" tab for the Intel chipset name.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Maybe the motherboard's drivers broke during the upgrade. Try finding a driver or running a clean install of Windows maybe. Though that is some really odd balance I must say. Guessing your waiting for the next line of intel chips?

Indeed my pc is a mismatch of good and just plain terrible components and yeah waiting for the 5th gen intel chips

I will look for my chipset driver and try that

Indeed my pc is a mismatch of good and just plain terrible components and yeah waiting for the 5th gen intel chips

I will look for my chipset driver and try that

Remove the GPU, Clear CMOS, then reinstall windows.

reformat and clean install. but first try to unninstall that faulty driver in device manager and restart.

but stil... dominator and P4?

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Have you tried downloading the chipset drivers from the Intel website and installing those? You can use a program like CPU-Z to find out what chipset yours is and post it here :)

Intel ® 915 Express Chipset family

Intel ® 915 Express Chipset family

Great, what does it say next to "Model"?

Edit: can you upload a screenshot of the "Mainboard" tab, that may help us to find the drivers.

reformat and clean install. but first try to unninstall that faulty driver in device manager and restart.

but stil... dominator and P4?

I can install the driver but how do I find a driver download for that later?

ok ok I am aware that my pc is not the best

what possessed you to do......whatever it is that you did with that PC?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

may i recomend getting 64 bit and a better mobo 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

what possessed you to do......whatever it is that you did with that PC?

Can we please stop asking why he made that choice, it isn't helping fix the issue. Besides its a single core Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading, which were built on a decent architechture and still perform reasonably well in single threaded applications.

Great, what does it say next to "Model"?

Edit: can you upload a screenshot of the "Mainboard" tab, that may help us to find the drivers.

E915GVM

I can install the driver but how do I find a driver download for that later?

your os will install it for you automatically. it's a system device that you shouldn't worry about finding drivers for.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Can we please stop asking why he made that choice, it isn't helping fix the issue. Besides its a single core Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading, which were built on a decent architechture and still perform reasonably well in single threaded applications.

I know I know I know but it's just.......I don't even know a way to describe it I desire to know the thought process behind those decisions.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

i am sorry but i think you are lying here becaus your motherboard only supports ddr2 and 4gb max and you are running 16gb 1600mhz platinums  

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

than 

i am sorry but i think you are lying here becaus your motherboard only supports ddr2 and 4gb max and you are running 16gb 1600mhz platinums  

sorry man I have two pc's I am mixing up specs

this computer is my freinds...

correction* 4gb (2x2gb) crucial ddr2 memory

I assume you tried to download the Intel chipset drivers from here:

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

There is only the option to download for Windows XP 32bit, which means these won't work on a 64bit OS. Have you have tried these with a 32bit XP installation? They may work with a 32bit installation of Windows 7 if you install them in compatability mode (with XP SP2), but only try this if you are willing to damage the OS if it doesn't work.

I assume you tried to download the Intel chipset drivers from here:

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

There is only the option to download for Windows XP 32bit, which means these won't work on a 64bit OS. Have you have tried these with a 32bit XP installation? They may work with a 32bit installation of Windows 7 if you install them in compatability mode (with XP SP2), but only try this if you are willing to damage the OS if it doesn't work.

they dont work with the compatibility is set to windows xp 

but i do have windows xp so i will downgrade right now

I simply made a comment after giving a suggestion. :P Anyways, update us if its fixed when going to an OS that supports the motherboard's drivers.

I simply made a comment after giving a suggestion. :P Anyways, update us if its fixed when going to an OS that supports the motherboard's drivers.

will do 

thank you all for your suggestions