Smallest case to fit an RTX 3070

Go to solution Solved by Quackers101,

also as seen below, it doesn't have as much space compared to some other cases.

So you need to see how THICC the GPU you will buy would be.

Heya

I am planning on building an SFF rig that is as small as possible and still has an RTX 3070 and a 5600X in it. What is the smallest case that can fit one? Right now I have the Velka 5 V2 in mind. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Current Specs (Am building a mini ITX PC, will take a while)

CPU                                   RAM                                             Motherboard

Ryzen 7 5700G              16GB unbranded 2666Mhz           Asus ROG Strix  x570-i

GPU                                  Case                                              Boot Drive

EVGA GTX 1060           SSUPD Meshlicious                  Corsair MP500  500GB

Headset                           FBT                                                Extras
Quest 2                       Waist+Chest on OwOtrack                VIVE DAS

When it is finished

CPU                                   RAM                                             Motherboard

Ryzen 7 5700G              32GB Corsair LPX 4200Mhz     Asus ROG Strix  x570-i

GPU                                  Case                                              Boot Drive

ASUS RTX 3070          SSUPD Meshlicious                  Corsair MP500  500GB

Headset                           FBT                                                Extras
Quest 2                       Haritora-X/Slime VR                VIVE DAS + LucidVR Gloves + BHaptics vest

Which 3070?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

There are many different RTX 3070s. From what I can tell they are all pretty large usually with triple fans. However, there is this EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC GAMING that is a small dual fan design.

Dimensions:

• Height: 4.33 in - 110mm
  • Length: 7.94 in - 201.8mm
  • Width: Dual Slot

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

4 minutes ago, cm992 said:

However, there is this EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC GAMING that is a small dual fan design.

But that's a 3060 Ti, not a 3070.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

As long as it is a 3070, I am willing to go

Ryzen 7 5700G              16GB unbranded 2666Mhz           Asus ROG Strix  x570-i

When it is finished

Quest 2                       Haritora-X/Slime VR                VIVE DAS + LucidVR Gloves + BHaptics vest

a lot of the ITX cases that has been used before, could likely fit that.

Which the use of extensions like riser cable are often used, that had a lot of issues more so when it comes to PCIe gen 4.

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

a lot of the ITX cases that has been used before, could likely fit that.

Which the use of extensions like riser cable are often used, that had a lot of issues more so when it comes to PCIe gen 4.

what, I dont understand you, could you rephrase?

When it is finished

16 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

But that's a 3060 Ti, not a 3070.

I know. I couldn't find a 3070 as small as that 3060Ti and a 3060Ti has the same vram as a 3070 and is close in performance.

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

7 minutes ago, wedgevic said:

what, I dont understand you, could you rephrase?

A lot of ITX cases like to use an riser cable, that has issues.

Also if you want to go with the smallest? Is not recommend if you are thinking thermals.

Having a decent ITX case should do good. although I guess the one you picked is not that different from these.... woops

Cases like:

riser that is used for GPUs, some but not all issues, might have been fixed in newer versions.

It depends, but still some issues with it.

also as seen below, it doesn't have as much space compared to some other cases.

So you need to see how THICC the GPU you will buy would be.

thanks!

When it is finished

10 hours ago, wedgevic said:

thanks!

not sure if you are done searching, but personally I have the 3070FE in the ncase m1 and it's amazing. You are able to fit two full-size 120mm fans below it so temps can be very very good. That is my recommendation.

best of luck, 

Jake

On 1/20/2021 at 6:48 AM, jwwagner25 said:

not sure if you are done searching, but personally I have the 3070FE in the ncase m1 and it's amazing. You are able to fit two full-size 120mm fans below it so temps can be very very good. That is my recommendation.

best of luck, 

Jake

I have heard amazing things about the N1 and it's water cooling potential, however, it is 12.7 liters, far from ideal for me.

When it is finished