M50's For Outside Use?

MangoJuiceStain

Hey, do you guys think that the Audio Technica ATH-M50's can be worn outside in public like on the bus or walking in the street? Or do you think that they should only be used at home on your computer? I want to know because I'm thinking of getting them but I don'y know if they'll look weird or if the cabled is just too long.

The coiled part is usually in my bag of holding, I use them in public myself. *shrugs* doesn't bother me and I haven't noticed any awkward glances, maybe I have bad fashion sense. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I was under the impression they were designed for that purpose.

They seem kind of sucky for stay at home headphones that never leave the desk.

Error: 410

I was under the impression they were designed for that purpose.

They seem kind of sucky for stay at home headphones that never leave the desk.

Well, they're for studio monitoring. They have a loooong cable so I don't think they're really made for having them outside.

Well, they're for studio monitoring. They have a loooong cable so I don't think they're really made for having them outside.

However they aren't good for studio monitoring lol. Bass is too punchy and not flat. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Well, this didn't help :P Half of you are saying yes an the other half is saying no :P

Well, this didn't help :P Half of you are saying yes an the other half is saying no :P

Who cares just wear em, do what you want. Your listening to music with a awesome pair of headphones, those who know will give you a thumbs up. 

I'm sure you'll get plenty of street cred.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

However they aren't good for studio monitoring lol. Bass is too punchy and not flat. 

lolwat.

you'll look pretty stupid with a long ass coiled cable coming out of your pockets and probably tripping people but sure why not

lolwat.

Its true the M50s aren't good for monitoring. Their not flat. Even my Sennheisers 280s would be a better option for monitoring.  

I saw the review on youtube it doesn't damp much noise. I'm guessing you can hear outside sound in crowded place.

the M50 used to be my outside headphone and every once in a while I do use it for outside use. 

the coiled cable is to me the perfect length with the phone in my pants pocket the cable goes down partways down the thigh and up to my headphone much like a one of those wallets with a chain would look and feel. the weight of the cable has never ever entered my thoughts 

size of the headphone is average and I personally don't think it is odd and quite normal when you compare them to the size of beats that everyone else walking around is wearing. 

and they've started a bunch of conversations with people inquiring what they are. and sadly segue into monster and beats talk.  

The M50 comes with a carrying case so its basically made to be travelled around with. It folds up to make it easier to travel around with and it overall has a small footprint. But one thing that makes it weird to use outside is the coiled cable if you have the original version or the super long straight version. The M50X has a shorter cable though. Yeah I would say that they are perfectly fine to use outside.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Its true the M50s aren't good for monitoring. Their not flat. Even my Sennheisers 280s would be a better option for monitoring.

Not every monitoring headphone needs to be flat. Fact of the matter is, they are a studio monitor, and were never meant to be used as a daily driver.

NO!

For all that is holy don't. I took mine on one holiday visiting some family in france. All was fine until the boat ride home. The little plastic tab that stops them bending outward too far just broke off and now they are unusable. I love them but they are gone for me now, and getting a new pair will just cost more money than I have right now :(

back in the day i used to wear sony v700dj to school so do whatever you want

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii