What type of shipping damages can occur to a laptop.?

Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,

Anything, really? The package could be dropped, set on fire, frozen…

I'd say the worst type of damage would be one that you don't notice immediately. For example I've once received a notebook where the right hand side shift key didn't work. It's not really something I need "ever", except at some point I did and I didn't notice the damage until that time.

Manufacturers say that the product can be returned if any damage occurs while shipping and gives max 14 days to return. So if we didn't identify the problem with in 14 days then the option for return or replace ends. So I would like to know all the various problems which can occur while shipping.

Hate to say it, but literally any thing and everything, some damage can take years to find. But most likely you will find cosmetic damage, broken or damaged displays, damaged or destroyed HDDs, (if included) and etc.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Anything, really? The package could be dropped, set on fire, frozen…

I'd say the worst type of damage would be one that you don't notice immediately. For example I've once received a notebook where the right hand side shift key didn't work. It's not really something I need "ever", except at some point I did and I didn't notice the damage until that time.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

it could be crushed or dropped.

there are many physical aspects that you can see immideatly.

but i guess if you can't turn it on then return it immideatly.

look at what the spec sheet in your order confirmation says and double check all your specs are correct, as in if you bought a laptop with 16gb ram then check to make sure hwinfo or other monitoring programs can see you have 16gb and such

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.