Lian Li UNI fans or Corsair LL

Go to solution Solved by MarvintheParrot,
6 minutes ago, Rob_dog said:

The QL has a slightly lower CFM rate and doesn't have as good static pressure as the LL fans. I get the claim about having lighting on both sides but I would put performance first. The LL fans are still solid looking, I used it on my personal build and it's fresh. I also have an O11 Dynamic.

Lol, I'm posting this after spending $300+ on QL120 fans...

I got each set on sale! one set was $116, and the other two were $105! 😂

I just want to know which would be better to show off my new build. (in the Lian Li o11 mini BTW) I suck a cable management, which is why I am considering the UNI's. Also, the build is in white and the fans must be 120MM, so take that into consideration if any other fans may be an option. Any help is much appreciated!

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Unifans are hard to find at an reasonable price. Id Probably get QL fan over the LL fan do to the fact the QL fans have lighting on both sides of the fan.

7 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Unifans are hard to find at an reasonable price. Id Probably get QL fan over the LL fan do to the fact the QL fans have lighting on both sides of the fan.

noise level of the QL? I want a relatively low noise PC if possible :) 

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

2 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

noise level of the QL? I want a relatively low noise PC if possible :) 

most of corsairs should be a bit similar and do just fine.

While I think QL is not that greater looking for the price and having a noticable bright spot on the LEDs, they do shine on both sides and give about the same performance but might be wrong on that.

5 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

most of corsairs should be a bit similar and do just fine.

While I think QL is not that greater looking for the price and having a noticable bright spot on the LEDs, they do shine on both sides and give about the same performance but might be wrong on that.

Thanks! I just want to make sure Im getting this right. The only difference between the QL's, and the LL's, are that the QL have RGB on the back. Which I honestly don't care for that much, as I wont see it :) (bottom intake fans will be different fans) Also, the QL seem to be harder to get than the UNI. I may just go with the LL, good looking, in stock for $120 (less than QL and UNI) and ships faster too. any ideas?

10 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Thanks! I just want to make sure Im getting this right. The only difference between the QL's, and the LL's, are that the QL have RGB on the back. Which I honestly don't care for that much, as I wont see it :) (bottom intake fans will be different fans) Also, the QL seem to be harder to get than the UNI. I may just go with the LL, good looking, in stock for $120 (less than QL and UNI) and ships faster too. any ideas?

I guess LL will be fine, but the QL's have some extra features like aRGB (meaning you can control each LED) to make better and smoother animations.

Although to me their smoothness in producing light isn't the greatest (but animations are good), and hope they do a new take on the QL and keeping some of it's great features.

my response would be pretty much whatever you can find at msrp. you won't find the uni fans at msrp (in the US anyways) currently. MSRP is US $80 (before taxes shipping etc) for the 3 pack with controller. Currently can't find any below double that (can't believe scalpers are even going after case fans now, this is getting ridiculous)

5 hours ago, Twolf said:

my response would be pretty much whatever you can find at msrp. you won't find the uni fans at msrp (in the US anyways) currently. MSRP is US $80 (before taxes shipping etc) for the 3 pack with controller. Currently can't find any below double that (can't believe scalpers are even going after case fans now, this is getting ridiculous)

Yeah it sucks. But I don’t think it’s scalpers going after the UNI fans. I think it’s that retailers are realizing that they are in high demand. But they have enough stock, so that’s not the problem. High prices=more money made. And if they have stock, it will add up very fast. I think I’m gonna try to find the UNI fans for sub-$150 or QL for sub - $150. Whichever comes first.

no, they're resellers, not actual retailers. i have apps to track prices and such, the ones you think are retailers are "businesses" that exist only to buy and resell at stupid mark-ups, very easy to discern just looking at their reviews, how long they've been listed as a business, and the products they have.

• 1 month later...

@Twolf I am thinking about swapping the Galahad 240 fans for 2 ML's, do you think I will get the same, if not even better performance? 

• 3 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 5:30 PM, narrdarr said:

The QL has a slightly lower CFM rate and doesn't have as good static pressure as the LL fans. I get the claim about having lighting on both sides but I would put performance first. The LL fans are still solid looking, I used it on my personal build and it's fresh. I also have an O11 Dynamic.

6 minutes ago, Rob_dog said:

4 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Oof, I spent $280 on 9 LL fans for my whole case. My temps are good, and I have an aftermarket thermal paste. (Prolimatech PK-3)