A Talking point that targets Linus arguments about not receiving top of the line GPU cards for review. Literally giving his counter argument.

1 minute ago, Looking for a job Linus said:

I find it interesting that you were watching the live stream today. I also find it interesting the posts you make on the forums, about 800+ posts. are you a LTT insider? its seems obvious to me when reading your posts, but I might have a prejudice opinion. 

"Can't wait for you to apply". This is said in such a way that you would get notified should I even apply.

ATT Linus: paying people to fill your forums with supporting content is the same as paying for a good review of your product. 

But I may have misspoken, but I might not of.

I am just a nice guy.

Cheer,

dude, put down the kool aid and step away from the keyboard.   you're really finding some interesting conspiracy theories.

2 minutes ago, tkitch said:

dude, put down the kool aid and step away from the keyboard.   you're really finding some interesting conspiracy theories.

Kool aid is quoting a mass suicide in the 70's. this was where everyone jump on board drinking Kool aid to commit suicide. what band wagon am I jumping on? you need to put down the kool aid of attacking this post, and get educated on the sayings you are using. 

Cheers,

5 minutes ago, Looking for a job Linus said:

I find it interesting that you were watching the live stream today. I also find it interesting the posts you make on the forums, about 800+ posts. are you a LTT insider? its seems obvious to me when reading your posts, but I might have a prejudice opinion. 

"Can't wait for you to apply". This is said in such a way that you would get notified should I even apply.

ATT Linus: paying people to fill your forums with supporting content is the same as paying for a good review of your product. 

But I may have misspoken, but I might not of.

I am just a nice guy.

Cheer,

You got me, Linus pays me in outtakes from LTT store underwear modelling sessions. 

But I'd gladly point out the things you post are completely false nonsense for free, it's fun. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

You got me, Linus pays me in outtakes from LTT store underwear modelling sessions. 

But I'd gladly point out the things you post are completely false nonsense for free, it's fun. 

I'm allowed to be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Looking for a job Linus said:

You guys discouraging me theoretically is costing Linus millions of dollars. 

How?

Unless you got hired, I don't believe you work for LMG.

elephants

6 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

How?

Unless you got hired, I don't believe you work for LMG.

I do not work for LMG. I said theoretically because.

The community here seems to wait in the bushes to leap in and tear down like a PC build that forgot critical risers, 

For someone that may not be LTT forum, or forum savvy in general. They are presented with swift barag, and then on to the next post.

I have the experience and skills to fill a huge void in LMG group. This void is money the his pocket. like the money that was missing from a sponsor who got free advertising, and went out of business. Linus talks about diversifying the business with articles but not promises. Not something I am interested in myself, but diversifying is critical in this day an age. I could be leveraged to capitalize on the existing business. which as any business owner would want to do as it means less investment in time, and resources. Like Linus, I am a one man show in my field, and my work alone has contributed to over a billion in revenue within 20 years.

I don't mind, full ham away,,,

Just now, Looking for a job Linus said:

The community here seems to wait in the bushes to leap in and tear down like a PC build that forgot critical risers, 

I'm not following.

For someone that may not be LTT forum, or forum savvy in general. They are presented with swift barag, and then on to the next post.

Then you've been looking in some weird places. Most questions get answers and a bit more.

I have the experience and skills to fill a huge void in LMG group.

Self-proclaimed expert, eh? I'd totally hire you - not.

This void is money the his pocket. like the money that was missing from a sponsor who got free advertising, and went out of business.

So like an LMG sponsor who went out of business?
I don't think that's happened, except maybe OCZ.

2 minutes ago, Looking for a job Linus said:

Linus talks about diversifying the business with articles but not promises.

Still not following.

Not something I am interested in myself

Then why apply if you don't want to do what you're going to do?

3 minutes ago, Looking for a job Linus said:

I could be leveraged to capitalize on the existing business.

LMG makes YouTube videos. They don't participate in big corporate meetings, or fly all over the world on business trips.

3 minutes ago, Looking for a job Linus said:

Like Linus, I am a one man show in my field, and my work alone has contributed to over a billion in revenue within 20 years.

Oh really?
How exactly?

4 minutes ago, Looking for a job Linus said:

I do. I would like to remain warning-point free.

elephants

I was going to reply, because you are wrong about many things. But your post was made before hand and your reply came within seconds of my reply, I am not interested in trigger happy interactions with you.

"So like an LMG sponsor who went out of business?
I don't think that's happened, except maybe OCZ."

try watching some videos instead of attacking random forum posters, you get a sticker for getting one thing right, you deserve no points. 

But your post was made before hand

No, it wasn't.

I type fast.

\"So like an LMG sponsor who went out of business?

I don't think that's happened, except maybe OCZ."

I'm not really interested in digging through hours upon hours of video to see of OCZ was a sponsor on a video or not.

I am not interested in trigger happy interactions with you.

Alright.

Guess I'll leave and other people can talk with you.

I was going to reply, because you are wrong about many things.

Please provide proof before you accuse.

elephants

33 minutes ago, Looking for a job Linus said:

I do not work for LMG. I said theoretically because.

I have the experience and skills to fill a huge void in LMG group. This void is money the his pocket. like the money that was missing from a sponsor who got free advertising, and went out of business. Linus talks about diversifying the business with articles but not promises. Not something I am interested in myself, but diversifying is critical in this day an age. I could be leveraged to capitalize on the existing business. which as any business owner would want to do as it means less investment in time, and resources. Like Linus, I am a one man show in my field, and my work alone has contributed to over a billion in revenue within 20 years.

OK look bud I'm gonna be honest with you setting all snark aside, because you seem like a thoughtful person and at least not like someone who's just trying to troll (albeit also someone with a rather high opinion of themselves), so maybe we can open up some actual lines of productive communication here. This is an unvarnished summary of how your posts in this thread have come off so far:

• Rambling commentary about paying for reviews, something said on WAN show, and a seemingly unrelated CNET video where nobody was ever able to figure out what point you're trying to make
  • Boasting about how if you worked for Linus you would have the guts to tell him he's wrong, without any coherent explanation of what, if anything, you think he was wrong about
  • Taking credit for predictions of developments in the tech field which have not actually happened
  • Speculation about future developments in display technology that doesn't seem to have any relevance to anything else discussed in the thread
  • Claims that you could make Linus millions by... keeping his sponsors from going out of business, or something?... backed by vague and unverified claims about your professional qualifications

In short, the reason you've gotten the response you have isn't because you aren't "forum savvy," it's because your posts have been mostly opaque to the point of indecipherability, with delusions of grandeur as the only clear theme emerging.

If you have a serious point you want to communicate to people for discussion on the original topic of paid reviews (assuming that was supposed to be the topic), you need to basically start over, clearly summarize the background that prompted your thought, and lay it out plainly and succinctly beginning from basic premises.

If you're actually trying to get a job with LMG, this is not the way to go about it.

If you just enjoy posting stream of consciousness musings about tech that may or may not have any relation to reality because you're "allowed to be wrong," you can do that, but you're probably going to just get more of the same type of response, IE a lot of bemusement and fact-checking. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 1/13/2021 at 4:27 PM, Looking for a job Linus said:

The CPU GPU merge will have to happen one day, and you see Apple giving a glimpse of these ideas today.

Well, AMD did it when they release their A-Series processors, dubbed is as Accelerated Processing Unit, and they pretty much solidify the concept.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

25 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

No, it wasn't.

I type fast.

I'm not really interested in digging through hours upon hours of video to see of OCZ was a sponsor on a video or not.

Alright.

Guess I'll leave and other people can talk with you.

Please provide proof before you accuse.

I like please.

I'm not following.”

Initially quite a few people did not even read the post, but instead used the comments as que on how to form an attack at OP>

“Then you've been looking in some weird places. Most questions get answers and a bit more.”

I was not even asking a question, I was sharing an opinion, this is still to my point before. Some people are interested in the fight, and do not even know how the war started.

“Self-proclaimed expert, eh? I'd totally hire you - not.”

I make a living at being an expert, you do not know me, so I need to spell out I’m an expert. After 25 years of working, I don’t need to be modest,  

“I don't think that's happened, except maybe OCZ.”

Put a sticker on custom cover plate on your PS5, I am sure you would be an expert at lining it up perfectly, or at least ensure the free advertising says it does,

“Still not following.”

You are a forum troller, of course you know nothing of the videos that are made by LTT

“Then why apply if you don't want to do what you're going to do?”

Where did I say that I want to write articles? You reply without even reading to my other point.

“LMG makes YouTube videos. They don't participate in big corporate meetings, or fly all over the world on business trips.”

LMG does way more than only make YouTube video’s. You imagine me as a business man wearing a suit and tie? I am a design engineer, software and mechanical. You make way too many assertions with your comments.

Oh really?
How exactly?

I have mostly been the Sole Design Engineer with production managers working with me. I focus a lot with automation in order to streamline processes, and eliminate the requirements for hire more staff designer.

I do. I would like to remain warning-point free.

Well here is a warning that can stay with you for now, and for ever. Trying to tip toe through the tulips is a really bad song. Masking yourself a white sheep as wile e coyote has no one fooled.

Cheers,

5 minutes ago, Looking for a job Linus said:

II make a living at being an expert, you do not know me, so I need to spell out I’m an expert. After 25 years of working, I don’t need to be modest,  

Nobody here has any way of verifying your claims about your expertise, so you can't reasonably expect anybody to put any stock in them.

LMG does way more than only make YouTube video’s.

Mmmm, no, they really don't, not at this point. They've hosted a relatively small fan convention for a couple of years, and they have their own premium video platform which Linus himself admits hasn't taken off in any major way. Apart from that they make YouTube videos, a lot of them, and do a very good job at it. 

You imagine me as a business man wearing a suit and tie? I am a design engineer, software and mechanical. You make way too many assertions with your comments.

What relevance does that experience have to LMG's business? 

Well here is a warning that can stay with you for now, and for ever. Trying to tip toe through the tulips is a really bad song. Masking yourself a white sheep as wile e coyote has no one fooled.

I was open to the possibility that your posts come off the way they do because you just have poor written communications skills, perhaps in part because English may not be your first language. Now you're just being abrasive and attacking people who all things considered have been pretty patient and polite with you. Although once again your grandiose, self-satisfied communication style ends up making you sound more comical than anything. "Let this warning ring in your ears for all time, knave!" like some sort of cartoon villain, followed by actual cartoon references. 

31 minutes ago, Middcore said:

If you have a serious point you want to communicate to people for discussion on the original topic of paid reviews (assuming that was supposed to be the topic), you need to basically start over, clearly summarize the background that prompted your thought, and lay it out plainly and succinctly beginning from basic premises.

CNET time stamp I linked. 

he explains don't complain about over paying for a graphics card, you got use out of it over that year.

Linus

"""And they keep their GPU's for multiple years"""

I listed that both CNET and Linus had counter arguments. 

Then in my post which I separated, I rambled my own opinion as to expect others would ramble their own opinion about CNET, and Linus counter argument. 

I never disagreed with Linus other than as a developer, I find it useful having features I wont use for gaming, and that are not game ready tech. when developing on Unity3D for instance, I don't care about production ready.

Cheers,

On 1/13/2021 at 2:27 AM, Looking for a job Linus said:

I will delete my post should he try to

Just going to point this out. Forum members do not have the ability to delete their own posts or topics.

19 hours ago, Looking for a job Linus said:

I believe that my post was tech news as it predicted two strong moves in the industry.

Ummm no, I will stop you here. The Posting Guidelines are quite clear, and your topic does not in any way meet those guidelines. 

A bucket with many holes, holds no water. 🙃

2 hours ago, Looking for a job Linus said:

This will not get Linus' attention; you need to use the tag system by using the @ and the proper member's name to tag those you wish to tag.

Like this

@LinusTech

Lastly, we normally do not lock topics that provide constructive criticism, criticism or otherwise opposing views to Linus or LMG but I do not feel this topic has any continuing value to the community and has not improved in nature other than to continue to cause discourse within.

If Linus feels led to reply to this topic and or unlocks it, I will leave that up to him or an Admin.

Thusly,

-= Topic Locked =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER