Triple Graphics Card Laptop? Yes. - Asus CES 2021 Laptops

AlexTheGreatish

No wonder why last gen laptops were dropping in price this month.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Time for you guys to check out the updated 17 inch LG gram with 11th gen Intel inside:

https://www.lg.com/us/laptops/lg-17z95n-g.aas9u1-ultra-slim-laptop

Sadly that 16GB RAM under the hood is soldered, but if the m.2 is still user replaceable I might actually pick one of these up. They absolutely nailed the keyboard layout 👍👍, and unlike the XPS 17, this one at least gives you some normal USB ports.

Then again, if Dell can refresh that XPS 17 with 3000 series GPU's and the same 11th gen CPU's it's going to be a tough decision. That $1000 price difference between the two is steep, but you get a higher res screen on the Dell, Win 10 Pro, double the RAM and a dedicated GPU. I do like the dual USB-C docking station they make for it too.

All the online reviews I've seen on the XPS 17 so far are just lame - NOT ONE has bothered to crack the thing open and show the internals or talk about user upgradability. What kind of lazy ass paid reviewers are these??? Even I was doing a more thorough job back in the day.

The first one looks nice.

I'd get that.

Also, this has like no replies compared to the YouTube comments, of which I got the first comment.

The first first comment.

elephants

The new TUF laptop looks like a major downgrade from the existing A15. They tossed the numpad and the 90 watt battery out the window....

The only thing that looks potentially better was the shortfall of the A15 being the display. Here are the specs for the existing laptop.

91MW2X7lrfL._AC_SL1500_.jpgimage.png.a82e052ad06a0bfb22b1b4521543d478.png

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

On 1/12/2021 at 2:23 PM, Luscious said:

All the online reviews I've seen on the XPS 17 so far are just lame - NOT ONE has bothered to crack the thing open and show the internals or talk about user upgradability. What kind of lazy ass paid reviewers are these??? Even I was doing a more thorough job back in the day.

We crack it open in our review......

I just replaced the battery in my 10 year old laptop , so cya guys in 2024!

• 1 month later...

Hey, im a design student currently using desktop but i want a laptop for my college to use maya, 3ds max, blender and also sometimes game, can anyone advice me about a good budget range laptop.

1 hour ago, Linomofficial said:

Hey, im a design student currently using desktop but i want a laptop for my college to use maya, 3ds max, blender and also sometimes game, can anyone advice me about a good budget range laptop.

Lenovo Legion 5, Ryzen 7 4800H, 16GB ram, 512GB NVME SSD, NVIDIA GTX 1660Ti for 1000$ would be best bang for your buck rn

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-1920x1080-Processor-Windows-82B1000AUS/dp/B08BB9RWXD/

2 hours ago, Linomofficial said:

Thankyou bro for your time bro but im thinking of intel processor laptops

Why? what does it offer that AMD does not?

2 hours ago, datalaughing said:

Why? what does it offer that AMD does not?

He's a "design student".