Need some input from someone very familiar with Windows UWP Display/Window Capture API

fatmatrow

I want to say right off that I am not programming anything at the moment, I just really need someone to give me some input on what could cause these API's to behave oddly/stutter/ etc. I am not intelligent enough to program but I am extremely computer literate otherwise. I would greatly appreciate picking someones brain about this issue.

Well you should stay away of UWP as it's been killed in 2018 for insider dev and officially announce in 2019. Direct replacement remain WPF it more complete counterpart.

9 hours ago, Franck said:

Well you should stay away of UWP as it's been killed in 2018 for insider dev and officially announce in 2019. Direct replacement remain WPF it more complete counterpart.

Forgive me, I'm shaky on lingo surrounding this. I need help with whatever capture API Windows currently uses as I'm having trouble with it across all the streaming software I've tried. I've got this problem on 2 different pc's. This is beyond a resource management, OBS settings issue as it appears in xsplit, vmix, SLOBs as well.  

14 hours ago, fatmatrow said:

Forgive me, I'm shaky on lingo surrounding this. I need help with whatever capture API Windows currently uses as I'm having trouble with it across all the streaming software I've tried. I've got this problem on 2 different pc's. This is beyond a resource management, OBS settings issue as it appears in xsplit, vmix, SLOBs as well.  

Are you trying to record windows/apps or games because those are 2 completely different ways to do so. If you use the basic windows record api it cannot record game as game run in a external graphic context so it record black screen instead. To record OpenGL or DirectX content you need to specially attach to the context renderer to each.

On the other side if Slobs and OBS does not work you have another problem and you will never get anything from windows API if those don't work. You must have issue with your codecs or windows install. Unless you are recording under a weird config like a HyperVM with passthrough Nvidia V models

On 1/13/2021 at 8:14 AM, Franck said:

Are you trying to record windows/apps or games because those are 2 completely different ways to do so. If you use the basic windows record api it cannot record game as game run in a external graphic context so it record black screen instead. To record OpenGL or DirectX content you need to specially attach to the context renderer to each.

On the other side if Slobs and OBS does not work you have another problem and you will never get anything from windows API if those don't work. You must have issue with your codecs or windows install. Unless you are recording under a weird config like a HyperVM with passthrough Nvidia V models

What codecs should I look into. I've fresh installed windows multiple times (among hundreds of other things) to get to the bottom of this issue. I'm running a Ryzen 3700x with a 3060ti