Oppo Find 7 1440p phone official

dizmo

Well, now that my G2 is up and running 100% again, I don't feel the need to get another phone now. If I had the money, I would love to get the Find 7 though. 

COMIC SANS

The budget friendly alternative:

Get a low end android or wp phone with decent modem and thether capabilities and a very capable 7 inch quad core with at least 800p IPS screen 7 inch chinese tablet at like...smaller price than that low end phone.

something like this:

and this:

And let the rich guys enjoy their 6 inch phablet with unseeble better display and no microsd support.

Except....not. This phone has a microSD card slot, and is much smaller than carrying around a tablet as well as a phone.

I'm down as long as there is a Google Play Edition available. I want that pure Android experience that I have grown used to on my Nexus devices. 

There might be a Cyanogenmod version but I highly doubt a GPE. You can always root it I think the bootloader is unlocked.

I still dont understand, why are they still cranking up the resolution of phones, the pixel density is already high enough why cant the OEMs innovate in better battery technologies or better looking displays, if anything all a high res screen on a phone do is eat up battery.

OEM's generally don't manufacture the battery or screen. Samsung and LG being the exceptions. Apple for instance just picks parts from other manufacturers.

It's not really the manufacturer that you should be complaining to but the people making the screens, batteries, etc.

Sounds pretty damn good. I want to see tests done before making my mind up though.

It's a shame about it having a Snapdragon 801. I want Snapdragon 805 or Cortex A57 CPUs!

The 805 isn't slated to be in phones until much later in the year. I think that's why this year has been rather meh. The 801 is essentially just a very slightly tweaked 800 processor.

The Note 4 should be an interesting device, I bet it'll be the first time we see it.

With a Nexus 5 being $400 on the high end and this only costs $150 extra the specs alone are worth it.

Exactly, especially that 128gb microSD card slot.

How much cheaper? Because that would be a nice option, source?

It's on the original post.

Well, now that my G2 is up and running 100% again, I don't feel the need to get another phone now. If I had the money, I would love to get the Find 7 though. 

Just curious Mr Newsman, which phone would you go for, this or the OnePlus One?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just curious Mr Newsman, which phone would you go for, this or the OnePlus One?

Price to performance, OnePlus One easily. Throw in build quality, Oppo's Find 7. Both phones will be very similar in terms of spec, although the OnePlus One has the better battery. Build quality though, the OnePlus One is going to be made out of plastic, especially since it'll be under $400. The Find 7 is made out of metal (what metal, I dunno, probably aluminum), either way, it's strong/sturdy, eliminates the need for a case, and out right looks fantastic. 

COMIC SANS

I'm down as long as there is a Google Play Edition available. I want that pure Android experience that I have grown used to on my Nexus devices.

It's running cyanogenmod

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

It's running cyanogenmod

Sounds good. Just can't wait for it to come to the US.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

Price to performance, OnePlus One easily. Throw in build quality, Oppo's Find 7. Both phones will be very similar in terms of spec, although the OnePlus One has the better battery. Build quality though, the OnePlus One is going to be made out of plastic, especially since it'll be under $400. The Find 7 is made out of metal (what metal, I dunno, probably aluminum), either way, it's strong/sturdy, eliminates the need for a case, and out right looks fantastic. 

I don't think the final material of the OnePlus One is known yet. They haven't said anything. If that sketch is true, it's metal. Fingers crossed. It also has the bamboo, denim, kevlar, silk and sandstone swap covers that are supposed to also provide protection while changing the feel and aesthetics. It sounds extremely interesting, especially since it's in a much smaller form factor.

I will be buying this when my contract is up. I'm not sure what carrier will have it supported though :/

It should support most unless you're on a CDMA network.

It's running cyanogenmod

Narp. It's running ColorOS.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

The 805 isn't slated to be in phones until much later in the year. I think that's why this year has been rather meh. The 801 is essentially just a very slightly tweaked 800 processor.

The Note 4 should be an interesting device, I bet it'll be the first time we see it.

The Snapdragon 805 is expected to appear in phones during the first half of 2014, so just a few months away (to be more precise, May this year). The chip is completely done and Qualcomm even have fully functional reference devices which they have demoed. Samsung had even made a Note 3 with a Snapdragon 805 in it for demoing and testing purposes.

Chances are we will see the successor to the 805 in the Note 4 because TSMC is expected to make 20nm transistors by that time.

If its that cheap i'll be getting one for sure.

The pixel density is so high on that screen >.<

At 1440p, I can finally find out what Amy Wong's obscene tattoo is all about!

225px-ObsceneTattoo.png

The pixel density is so high on that screen >.<

Lower than on the Galaxy S 5, Nexus 5, HTC One and other 1080p phones at or under 5", so it's not that crazy.

~420PPI

The Snapdragon 805 is expected to appear in phones during the first half of 2014, so just a few months away (to be more precise, May this year). The chip is completely done and Qualcomm even have fully functional reference devices which they have demoed. Samsung had even made a Note 3 with a Snapdragon 805 in it for demoing and testing purposes.

Chances are we will see the successor to the 805 in the Note 4 because TSMC is expected to make 20nm transistors by that time.

Yup, just as I said. Should be an interesting device, I hope they don't try to make it even bigger though!

Lower than on the Galaxy S 5, Nexus 5, HTC One and other 1080p phones at or under 5", so it's not that crazy.

~420PPI

Uhmmmm...no.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I'd buy the shit out of that. I guess coming from an iPhone 4 and GS3 I'd have to get used to that size though. I guess it's where all phones are going these days. These be the days of the phablet

Sounds good. Just can't wait for it to come to the US.

Sorry I think I misspoke. Their other find 7 is but not the highest end one

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Sorry I think I misspoke. Their other find 7 is but not the highest end one

They're both available in the US? And most countries, as they're sold online.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Don't mean to sound like that guy but I don't think phones need to over 1080p, but it is cool.

Yes they do! For Oculus Rift! :D

unRAID 6.3.5 Plus | CASE: Fractal Define R5 | MOBO: Supermicro X9DRL-iF | MEMORY: Samsung ECC REG 64GB 8x8GB | CPU: 2 x XEON E5-2670v1 | PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W | DRIVES: 1 x Seagate Ironwolf 8TB [Parity drive] 2 x Seagate Ironwolf 4TB [Data drives] 4 x WD Red 4TB NAS Harddrive [Data drives] | CACHE: 2 x Crucial MX300 275GB SSD [Cache drives in RAID1] | 1 x HyperX Fury 120GB 2.5" SSD [Plex drive] | OS drive: Kingston Datatraveler SE9 16GB USB drive

https://technicalramblings.com/

Yup, just as I said. Should be an interesting device, I hope they don't try to make it even bigger though!

Well you said it would be much later, and the Note 4 would probably be the first one with it. It will be out in a few months and the Note 4 might even have the next gen after the 805 in it. That's why I was kind of upset with the launch of the Galaxy S5 (and will probably be with the new HTC One as well). They are releasing phones which SoCs that will be replaced with something much better in just a few months.

Uhmmmm...no.

Oh crap you're right. I thought it was a 7" judging from the name. Didnt even realize that size would be ridiculous on a phone.

Well you said it would be much later, and the Note 4 would probably be the first one with it. It will be out in a few months and the Note 4 might even have the next gen after the 805 in it. That's why I was kind of upset with the launch of the Galaxy S5 (and will probably be with the new HTC One as well). They are releasing phones which SoCs that will be replaced with something much better in just a few months.

Oh crap you're right. I thought it was a 7" judging from the name. Didnt even realize that size would be ridiculous on a phone.

I guess it depends on what you consider much later? The Note 4 will probably launch in September, which is a good 5 months away. That's still a pretty long time. I don't think we'll see the next version of a Snapdragon processor (after the 805) since we haven't even seen it in a device in this quarter. They've pretty much hit a slow down as far as super awesome advances go. I'm pretty excited to see what Motorola has up it's sleeve for the next Moto X though. They usually think a little outside of the box.

Shhh. Don't give them any ideas! It's bad enough companies make 6.44" phones. Even worse that people actually buy them.

I don't want to have to carry a man purse to take my phone around with me. :(

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Interesting! will see how prices are here in belgium

Should be cheap! Well. "Cheap".

....that was always the worst image in any KoRn video. *shudder*

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I guess it depends on what you consider much later? The Note 4 will probably launch in September, which is a good 5 months away. That's still a pretty long time. I don't think we'll see the next version of a Snapdragon processor (after the 805) since we haven't even seen it in a device in this quarter. They've pretty much hit a slow down as far as super awesome advances go. I'm pretty excited to see what Motorola has up it's sleeve for the next Moto X though. They usually think a little outside of the box.

Yes, the Galaxy Note 4 is quite a long time away. We will get phones with Snapdragon 805 parts much earlier than the Galaxy note 4 though. If everything goes as planned then we will see phones with Snapdragon 805 in them 2 months from now (according to all the rumors). 2 months before a much better part is out in phones... It is kind of pissing me off that manufacturers are releasing their flagship devices with a part that will be replaced in 2 months. If I know Samsung correctly they will probably release a new version of the S5 with Snapdragon 805 in it once that gets released... Just like they did with the Galaxy S 4 LTE-A model.