Norelco Electric Razor Rotary Head Issues?

paulyron

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco-Shaver-S3212-82/dp/B0842YHKL3/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1DB51WRYHDOQM&dchild=1&keywords=philips+norelco+electric+shaver&qid=1610090594&sprefix=philips+norelco+elect%2Caps%2C375&sr=8-5

Bought this a few months ago.   Used it few times and it shaved decently.   I don't grow much facial hair at all  and being the lazy person that I am, I shave once or twice a week only since I'm inside most of the time.

I also use some face lotion as cream for shaving.  I usually just clean it by having the shower head shoot water at it and wash the outside and inside of the shaver and just put it in a small travel bag zipped as that is where i store it.

However, I noticed just recently when i went to shave with it... one of the three rotary heads kept spinning while the other two didn't.  Normally, I don't believe any of these are suppose to spin a lot right?  Its spinning like a fast car etc.   So when you try to shave, its like cutting you.  Does that mean its damaged or broken?  Now those three arrows so to speak inside the shaver... they all work and spin though.  I did notice that its a bit dirty inside it when i opened it up.  I sprayed water from the shower head to it... and after a while... i notice the second rotary head also kept spinning.  But not only that... i looked real closely and it seems like two of the three rotary heads... you see like theres a small hole in each of them.  Does that mean its broken and you cannot use it anymore?  

Earlier... when only one of the rotary heads was spinning... i tried to shave by having the other two rotary heads touch my face to shave and it worked a little bit.  But i had to be careful because if the rotary head that is spinning touches my skin, its like cutting etc. 

Do I need to completely remove everything inside the electric razor and clean it for it to work?  I tried this a while back on an old electric razor but don't want to attempt it yet because I don't want to damage/break it.  

Do i also need to replace the three part rotary head?  Or could i still use it as is?  

Now both of the rotary heads are spinning.  Does that mean those replacement heads are broken?  At the moment, only one of them don't spin.  

Would it be possible to fix this without replacing these rotary heads?  Could i still use it to shave with just one rotary head and those two rotary heads not working? 

I checked reddit and this person posted this short video a while back... this is the issue im having except i have the top two heads spinning.  I bought this new electric razor not too long ago and only used it a few times.

DO NOT put lotion on before shaving, shave dry. Take the rotary heads out and clean with soap and water.

I've never used lotion with a shaver. If it's not working as intended I'd just return it and get a new one. Not worth screwing around with.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I also don't use lotion before shaving (not even after shaving). I am also using a Philips rotary shaver. From my experience, just spraying water on it doesn't really clean it in the long run. You should remove the 3 heads and clean them with soap and water.
hat also works (but probably is not intended to be done by the manufacturer, so do it at your own risk) is to put the rotary head into a cup and cover it with a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution from the pharmacy (just enough to cover the rotary head in order not to waste too much solution). Let it sit for about an hour. It bubbles a bit and after a while I can see small bits of dirt in the solution that were previously stuck in the shaver head.

16 hours ago, LWM723 said:

DO NOT put lotion on before shaving, shave dry. Take the rotary heads out and clean with soap and water.

Well when I was younger, I never put any shaving lotion or anything to shave.  Just use an electric razor.  The last few years, I put lotion on to shave and i like it better because there is lesser pain that way.  Again... i dont grow much facial hair at all... just bit of moustache and on my chin area.  

Okay but what i described... and that link to reddit which someone posted a while back with it spinning... that is the issue i have except its with two of the three rotary heads.  But does that mean it isn't broken yet and cleaning it with soap and water would fix it?

The other thing is i noticed in two of those rotary heads... there is like a tiny hole in each of it... like its broken so to speak.  But would it still work after cleaning?  I didn't take the whole thing out of the shaver because i didn't want to risk breaking it... so i just had shower water spray on it etc.... when i posted this.

16 hours ago, dizmo said:

I've never used lotion with a shaver. If it's not working as intended I'd just return it and get a new one. Not worth screwing around with.

But could using lotion damage it?  The thing is again after i everytime i shave with it... i either wipe it or spray water on it.

5 minutes ago, paulyron said:

But could using lotion damage it?  The thing is again after i everytime i shave with it... i either wipe it or spray water on it.

Nope.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

50 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Nope.

Okay so I assume you guys have had your electric razor rotary head spin then like in the reddit video?   

2 minutes ago, paulyron said:

Okay so I assume you guys have had your electric razor rotary head spin then like in the reddit video?   

I don't use that style of electric razor.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

I don't use that style of electric razor.

Okay.

Can you or anyone else post a link for me to try to clean/remove the rotary head spins correctly?  I assume all the norelco models are very similar?  I would like to watch a step by step video of someone removing it... then putting it back in.

But has anyone else have it spin.... then fixed it?  Again two of the three rotary heads spin now?  Also... would it be possible to use it with just one working rotary head?  

On 1/8/2021 at 6:35 PM, paulyron said:

I also use some face lotion as cream for shaving.  I usually just clean it by having the shower head shoot water at it and wash the outside and inside of the shaver and just put it in a small travel bag zipped as that is where i store it.

However, I noticed just recently when i went to shave with it... one of the three rotary heads kept spinning while the other two didn't.  Normally, I don't believe any of these are suppose to spin a lot right?  Its spinning like a fast car etc.   So when you try to shave, its like cutting you.  Does that mean its damaged or broken? 

i tried to shave by having the other two rotary heads touch my face to shave and it worked a little bit. 

Dry shave, if its cutting you, the razor is either shit quality, which looking at the price alone probably is, or You have a coarse beard which you're better off just using a normal razor. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Hey.  Well i use to dry shave without an issue.  The thing is when i put lotion on and then shave... it feels much better.  Again, i dont have much facial hair... dont have beard.

This is actually the best electric shaver i ever used.  I have no issue with it at all shaving dry.  Its just that a while back, i tried just putting lotion on and then shaving and it felt better.

But does anyone have a link on how to directions of how to remove the rotary heads from it correct?  Don't want to make a mistake with it.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone here have a video on youtube which shows on to fix this?  At the moment, of the three rotary heads.... two of them spins.  So when you try to shave, its like cutting you.  Also it seems like both of these rotary heads has a hole in it... so its damaged and broken and can't be used anymore right?  Only the rotary head on the bottom seem to not spin.

Would it be fine if i remove the top two rotary heads and just use the bottom rotary head to shave?  Again, only have little facial hair on my moustache and chin.

Thing is i can't buy the replacement rotary heads here... or if i do, it would take weeks to receive as im out of the US at the moment.

• 7 months later...

Okay so few months ago, I bought new rotary heads norelco.  These are the official ones and not the cheap/fake ones.  After using it for a month or two... the same thing has happened.  What I noticed was there is like a hole in like two of the three rotary heads.   This is similar to what happened last time as well.  So only one of the rotary heads spin.  Thus if you use it on your face now, you can't because its like cutting you.

Now this is what I believe possibly caused the issue.  After im done using it, i no longer put lotion on my skin before i use it... instead of just washing/rinsing it through the sink, few times I had used the shower head and sprayed onto the shaver while cleaning it.  That most likely damaged it as well you are having water pressure coming straight to it which literally could make holes into the rotary heads?  The thing is I had used the shower head to wash/rinse my electric razor but most of the time, I made sure to turn it on very low where it was like dripping water as oppose to having like water pressure go straight into it.

Does anyone have opinion on this?  Again, the rotary head no longer work after a month or two.  Last time it was a bit longer.  Also I don't even use it that rough etc.  Is it possible my electric razor has issues or this has to be a rotary head issue?  Again months ago when i bought the new norelco rotary heads, it work great for a while.

Anyone have insight on this?  Again it doesn't spin within two months at the most.  I think it might been broke in a month.  If there is a hole in the rotary heads, is that what happens?

Anyone know the answer to this?  Why is it keep getting damaged within a month or two? 

• 4 months later...

Just posting for future searchers: Try oiling between the spinning blade and the cover. WD40 also works in a pinch, but doesn't last as long.

On 1/8/2021 at 3:10 AM, paulyron said:

I checked reddit and this person posted this short video a while back... this is the issue im having except i have the top two heads spinning.  I bought this new electric razor not too long ago and only used it a few times.

During this entire time, did you contact the manufacturer at all? This was literally an entire year ago (more than) - you probably could have had this fixed or replaced under the warranty, but now that it's beyond a year, your warranty is probably over (unless you live somewhere with good consumer warranty laws).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)