What parts have you already got or prepared while waiting for CPU/GPU stock? List your parts

Joshndroid

I am genuinely curious on how many others have a PC worth of bits already or in the pipeline for a build where the last components are going to basically be the GPU or CPU of your choice.

I have a whole PC basically sitting in their boxes waiting for stock of either 3080 or 5900x

What components have you got just sitting there?

I guess this is a bit of a build without an actual build and a list without a critique as you already have the vast majority of it lol.

For me it would be;

Case - Thermaltake T25 TG (Mainly to match the 2 others I have)

Fans - About 8 or so 120mm UpHere RGB ring fans (Again to match the other PC's)

Storage - Samsung 980pro 250GB, Crucial P1 1TB

Motherboard - ASUS Prime x570

CPU Cooler - Corsair ML360R

PSU - Silverstone 750w 80plus Gold

RAM - 2 x 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3600MHz dual ranked dies

Extras - 10 way Fan Hub

Well heres mine I only need a 6800xt. Only way I managed to get a 5600x was with a discord bot but those came in stock at least half a dozen times a day. A 6800xt as msrp pricing hasn't come into stock for around a month so far. 

Other things I have that are not on the list are

Monitor - Mag27qrf - qd shipping

Headphones - Pc38x

Keyboard - Custom keeb parts shipping

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

8 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe. said:

Well heres mine I only need a 6800xt. Only way I managed to get a 5600x was with a discord bot but those came in stock at least half a dozen times a day. A 6800xt as msrp pricing hasn't come into stock for around a month so far. 

Other things I have that are not on the list are

Monitor - Mag27qrf - qd shipping

Headphones - Pc38x

Keyboard - Custom keeb parts shipping

Great system you got prepped there and im already jealous you snagged a CPU already

35 minutes ago, Joshndroid said:

I am genuinely curious on how many others have a PC worth of bits already or in the pipeline for a build where the last components are going to basically be the GPU or CPU of your choice.

I have a whole PC basically sitting in their boxes waiting for stock of either 3080 or 5900x

None, no point in buying parts you can't use. Like if I was merely waiting for a 3080/3080ti/3090, I'd just stick it in my existing 4th gen intel desktop until a Ryzen 5900 or Intel 12th gen makes an appearance at this rate.

Like buying RAM or a MB without a CPU is exceptionally foolish since you might never get the needed part.

7 minutes ago, Kisai said:

None, no point in buying parts you can't use. Like if I was merely waiting for a 3080/3080ti/3090, I'd just stick it in my existing 4th gen intel desktop until a Ryzen 5900 or Intel 12th gen makes an appearance at this rate.

Like buying RAM or a MB without a CPU is exceptionally foolish since you might never get the needed part.

Sure, i would ideally like the CPU to come in stock first... then i can slap the 1080 in the new rig and get me going... I'm doing some hand me downs for my kid to get him off an older gaming laptop so essentially getting bits anyway

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:
PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor $499.00 @ Amazon
Video Card PowerColor Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB Red Devil Video Card $595.28 @ Amazon
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 ATX Full Tower Case $129.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $1224.27
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-07 01:20 EST-0500  

Well, the new server, machine learning, and more rig(bunch of vram heavy tasks).  I have a 3900x in my main rig that I'm replacing with a 5900x for game developmentt and chucking in a  6900 xt.  Giving my 2080 Ti to my roommate, and temporarily using a vega 64 in this until I get a 3090.  Also got a 16 port managed switch and 11 grams of kryonaut.

What an awesome couple of builds!

7 minutes ago, Kisai said:

I would disagree. There are many reasons why you buy parts when you get them. 

1. Not waiting for shipping once the last item comes

2. Sales/promotions

3. Also while this is a bit of a special case the new tariffs on china goods are going to make what I bought quite a bit more expensive, at least in the usa.

13 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Never is a bit of a over exaggeration. You will eventually get your needed component. Like sure you probably won't get it right away but whats wrong with just having other components while waiting to get your cpu/gpu.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Unless you have very good reason (sales, need specific hardware etc) the rules is always as below:

If you can wait then wait to buy.

New processors are coming soon and may work out better, if they arrive before your GPU you may regret your purchase .

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I was all over the Black Friday deals. My plan was to buy a GPU around this time. My plan also included a 5600X but can’t get those either. So right now my new rig include a strix b550-f, 3600xt for the price of the vanilla, originally 16gb ram, but bumped to 4x8. Also got a couple of sn750 m.2s. When CPU’s drop and I can get a Vermeer my kid will get a cheap board with my XT and my gskill black and whites, as well as my old 980. As for me, hopefully a 3080 and a hexa or octal core will be in my near future.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's