SimCity Offline Play Now Available

So after going back and forth this offline mode is finally available apparently.

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/simcity-offline-play-now-available-for-pc-and-mac 

Will you give it a chance and was this a real discriminant in your buying choice?

I personally did not buy it originally, mostly for other limitations and not the online issue but I just loved so much the game in the past that I am always tempted, also for the new modding possibilities now open .

crackers have already had offline play for a while lol, 

i'll give it a while for them to fix a few bugs then i'll buy it because atm im stuck playing simcity 4 and i really want to play simcity with my friends since im the only person without it

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

The cynic in me is thinking that after a year EA would very much like to not have to pay for the servers to run the game anymore. By releasing an offline mode they have finally opened up the opportunity in a few months to do away with the multiplayer aspect of the game entirely and reduce their costs. Like all DRM it gets removed eventually when its to the companies advantage, but not before.

Don't Buy it, its a huge downgrade from SimCity 4, as there is nothing to do after about 2 hours of play, the city space is tiny and lacking many things such as teraforming and subways.

Source: SimCity 2013 is the last game i ever preorder, i played both betas and it looked good.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

This was definitely not delayed at all... I can't give anymore fucks about the game anymore. I bought it on launch date, played it for about an hour and never could play it again... servers too cluttered and slow. Worst game purchase of 2013...

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue