The Moto 360 'Androwatch' :P

Mr.Duck

This is Motorola's new Android Wear smartwatch: Moto 360

Moto360_Macro_alt1_with+text.jpg

Putting an emphasis on the tried-and-true design of classic timepieces, Motorola's crafted a smartwatch that hews closely to a more traditional, premium look. The Moto 360 boasts a circular, digital watchface powered by Android Wear that grants users access to notifications with, presumably, gestures, as the company's official line mentions the need for a "twist of the wrist." There's also Google Now integration, much like on the G Watch, that'll make checking in on the weather, sports scores or flights a hands-free affair.

From the looks of it, Moto's made what's arguably the sexiest smartwatch we've seen to date, but that image above isn't the only form factor we'll be seeing. When the Moto 360 launches this summer worldwide, it'll come in a "variety of styles." If you happen to live in the US, you'll be getting first dibs on this Android Wear looker when it debuts.

P.S 1:This thing looks so amazing i want one so bad D: anyways i think this a great alt. to the pebble i am really excited to see other android smartwatches or as i call them 'androwatches' 

P.S 2:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/128912-introducing-android-for-wearables-updated/#entry1715243 check this thread out too about the android watches not just the moto360! ;D

SOURCE:http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/18/this-is-motorolas-new-android-wear-smartwatch-moto-360/

Wow! A SmartWatch that actually looks like a watch...

what an interesting concept.

Samsung...you watching? 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Samsung...you watching?

I really do like watches that look like watches.

Error: 410

Really makes me wonder what'll happen to all the luxury watch companies.

Fossil will be making a smartwatch, so probably rest of them will keep up with the technology and start making smartwatches :D

...but some will stay classy for sure 

Yea, I think a smart watch that uses a bezel that works as an iPod click wheel would work great instead of just a big touchscreen strapped to your arm

BOUGHT.

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

but what about battery life? i dont want to charge a watch every day...

and i hope the viewing angles are awsome with some kind of glare coating.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

I'm definitely interested, hell from what I can see of it I would buy it even if it only told time.

AFAIK people don't buy $100k watches for function, its to say they have a $100k watch.

I'm definitely interested, hell from what I can see of it I would buy it even if it only told time.

AFAIK people don't buy $100k watches for function, its to say they have a $100k watch.

Right but luxury watches already fall into the $200 - $500 range and if the smart watches are entering that range and the popularity of them rise it'll definitely cut into luxury watch company sales. 

The balance is going to be offset even if the watch company start making their own smart watches to compete and try to get customers. Smartwatches are function, luxury watches are a asset.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Finally a smart watch that looks like a watch!  I'm sold provided the battery life gives at least 5 days of usage.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

They'll still be around for fashion purposes. Plenty of people wear watches solely for their fashion.  Personally I have no interest in the added functionality that "smart" watches bring. Checking the weather, sports scores, and flights are all things I find pointless to have on my wrist. The message pop ups for new texts, etc, I also find a bit too much for a wrist. Although on the other hand, I have no interest in a watch for fashion either  :lol:

Right but luxury watches already fall into the $200 - $500 range and if the smart watches are entering that range and the popularity of them rise it'll definitely cut into luxury watch company sales.

The balance is going to be offset even if the watch company start making their own smart watches to compete and try to get customers. Smartwatches are function, luxury watches are a asset.

they ll just make the same 500$ watches but increase the price to 1000$ just so people can say, look at my 1k$ watch since 500$ wouldnt be impressive any more.

rly who buy a watch to rly check the time? we got cel phones for that.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

they ll just make the same 500$ watches but increase the price to 1000$ just so people can say, look at my 1k$ watch since 500$ wouldnt be impressive any more.

Heh if it only it was that simple and worked that way all the time. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Have we seen circular screens in anything else? I can't think of anything at all

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

There will always be a market for high quality, hand made mechanical watches. Just like there is now. If anything, the prices for those type of watches will go up.

Looks like I'm going to have to get one.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Until smartwatches are made to last several months/years without recharging or replacing the battery (good luck with that), luxury (mechanical) watches will still exist. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

wow this think looks good i want one

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

If this is:
1) Cheap (and I mean like ~100 dollars or less)

2) Has good battery life (preferably close to a week, but the minimum should be like 3 days without having stupid things like the display getting turned off all the time)

3) Has decent functionality

Then I will probably buy it. It feels like price and battery life are two things most smart watches are really lacking. I don't want to spend 300 dollars on a watch when it has a bunch of flaws and only lasts like a day or two.

I am really interested in the display. I wonder how that works.

To me any watch under $1000 is pretty much a decent to nice watch, I mean a POS fossil is around $100.

I thought we were talking about elite/premium watches going away lol.

looks OK, but kinda looks a bit too thick.

wonder if it will work as a companion device like glass, and if so then will it work with iOS

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Samsung...you watching?

I see what you did there at the end........