Full spec :

cpu : i7 10700KF 

mobo : Asus Prime Z490P

cpu cooler : sycthe mugen 5 rev 

ram : 2x8 T-Delta 3600mhz

psu : corsair cx650 bronze

Gpu :  evga 1080ti sc2

Case : imperion neo 501

I upgraded my cpu from 8700 and my cooler from a hyper 212.

Im getting 50c on idle and 98-100c on full load. 

Everything on BIOS is default, all cpu clock and voltage default. Except for XMP. 

So what could be the problem? 

1) have you ever put thermal paste on it?

2) is the cooler plugged in?

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

I wasnt the one putting the system together, but im sure the mugen 5 fan is spinning.

For the thermal paste, we use the one from mugen 5's box. 

9 minutes ago, SomeOrdinaryNoob said:

I wasnt the one putting the system together, but im sure the mugen 5 fan is spinning.

For the thermal paste, we use the one from mugen 5's box. 

how much voltage is your CPU stuff reading in hardware info 64? can we get a screenshot of under full load for about a minute...?

Make sure your CPU cooler is properly mounted and tight and makes good contact with your CPU.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Clearly something aint right. How are you monitoring temps? It sounds like the cooler isn't mounted right. I had a 10700k that I pushed pretty hard and it didnt get anywhere near that hot

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Im sorry if i sound a little bit dumb. But how do i know if the "pump" Is working? 

2 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Clearly something aint right. How are you monitoring temps? It sounds like the cooler isn't mounted right. I had a 10700k that I pushed pretty hard and it didnt get anywhere near that hot

Im using HWmonitor 

Im aware that i7 10700k can produce a lot of heat, and so i just put it on default so my cooler can manage it. 

So you guys think its a cooler mounting problem? 

Default voltage for an Intel CPU is way too much. You can easily drop 50W of power consumption by adjusting the CPU voltage lower. This will make your CPU much easier to cool.

Check out this thread so you get a better understanding of why "default voltage" needs to be avoided.

19 minutes ago, SomeOrdinaryNoob said:

Im sorry if i sound a little bit dumb. But how do i know if the "pump" Is working? 

Do you have all the cords plugged in? You might not have it set right on your board. What mobo plug do you have it on

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

37 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

how much voltage is your CPU stuff reading in hardware info 64? can we get a screenshot of under full load for about a minute...?

Make sure your CPU cooler is properly mounted and tight and makes good contact with your CPU.

idle.png.02c3aff949aa663b6b3c062200854fa2.png

load.png.a7af0dbfc928cc22278178119e2baf25.png

Edited by SomeOrdinaryNoob

9 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Do you have all the cords plugged in? You might not have it set right on your board. What mobo plug do you have it on

im sure i have all the cords plugged in, just checked.
for the mobo atxv12 i only have 8 pin inserted, i read that the other 4 pins are for extreme overclocking

im not confident in my pc building skills, so im just going to let the technician remount and repaste the cooling system as people have suggested me to do so. i will post the result soon.

8 minutes ago, SomeOrdinaryNoob said:

im not confident in my pc building skills, so im just going to let the technician remount and repaste the cooling system as people have suggested me to do so. i will post the result soon.

Whatever you feel most comfortable with. Based on the screenshots you provided, it seems to be a cooler mounting issue rather than a voltage/power issue. Just to check, is the cooler fan spooling up properly under load?

Either the cooler isn't mounted right or the pump isnt working for some reason and I'd be willing to bet it's something with the pump not being plugged into the right port on the motherboard

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

or the pump isnt working for some reason

I am sure the pump is not working because he is using an air cooler, not an AIO.

Your voltages and power consumption look OK so it must be a problem with the thermal paste or how it was mounted. Hopefully the tech can get this fixed up for you.

11 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

I am sure the pump is not working because he is using an air cooler, not an AIO.

Your voltages and power consumption look OK so it must be a problem with the thermal paste or how it was mounted. Hopefully the tech can get this fixed up for you.

IDK how I go this thread mixed up with someone else's that's my fault. It has to be the mount on the cooler, I've done it before a long time ago

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Thank you for the replies, i just dropped my pc at the technician, told him the problem and i hope to get the results by tommorow

so they returned it after a few hours and nothing changed
when I try using prime95 (full load) temp and gaming it still rises to 100c after just 1 minute

I tried undervolting it and got diminishing returns, so i am running out of ideas.