Car Radiator Cooled Desktop

Screw the law of diminishing returns, I need dis.

Also known to his peers as Lord Scrubby McScrubington

About half a year ago i asked about doing this, thank you for proving it, now give me a minute, ive got a bmw to break.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

howd it cost 517 dollars? go to the wreckers and pick up a crappy one, put 2 fittings on it, attach a cpu block boom. maybe what 150 dollars most

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

is that a disco ball in the case? LOL case pimped out

hellooooooooo

howd it cost 517 dollars? go to the wreckers and pick up a crappy one, put 2 fittings on it, attach a cpu block boom. maybe what 150 dollars most

I believe that included the rad, two 7970 waterblocks, and the pipe adapters and such.

Damn man! This is awesome! :) 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

the peen...

26436893.jpg

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I believe that included the rad, two 7970 waterblocks, and the pipe adapters and such.

i suppose :o

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

Like the Disco ball. What did you devise to hook the fans to it though @Gummy?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I know you spent more than you should, but that build looks decent with the rad. Very industrial.

How are you handling corrosion? Car radiators are designed to run with a mixture of ethylene glycol as the coolant to prevent the mixing of metals from causing corrosion.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Like the Disco ball. What did you devise to hook the fans to it though @Gummy?

Dunno I didn't build it xD. And yeah its a pretty cool disco ball:

2014-03-18_1159.png

that disco ball is too much for me. I think you've one upped my Longinus on my heat sink.

though, this has been done before, and it was the way it was done before watercooling was mainstream, when watercooling was custom with hand made blocks and auto heater cores.

Error: 410

Isn't this the car A/C condenser ? Doesn't look like today car rads lol... But hey, it looks great !

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Dunno I didn't build it xD. And yeah its a pretty cool disco ball:

2014-03-18_1159.png

Ok.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Isn't this the car A/C condenser ? Doesn't look like today car rads lol... But hey, it looks great !

yes it is a automotive radiator, has a cap on the top tank. a/c condenser does not have a cap.

made of aluminum and plastic.. hopefully there are inhibitors in the loop..

yes it is a automotive radiator, has a cap on the top tank. a/c condenser does not have a cap.

made of aluminum and plastic.. hopefully there are inhibitors in the loop..

Ok my bad, I might been used to V8 engines with big rads, this seems like a 1.2l  engine to me .. lol

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

U GOT IT MADE Dude ,thumbs up for U

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

I do have the factory radiator from one of my motorcycles laying around... 

If anyone has a 570 waterblock laying around I could make this happen lol.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro