PSA: don't buy aliexpress PCI adapters.

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Reputable brands generally have quality standards. Unlike Aliepress and Wish. Thats why Linus has been having a hard time bringing stuff to LLT Store because they are worried about quality as well as worker safety/treatment. Thats the different. Aliexpress sells legit stuff, but they sell a lot of SHIT stuff as well. And considering these almost burned the OP home down, Id say its not naive or gullible. Me myself, I wouldn't have bought them. 

I definitely agree on Ali selling both legit and shit. I have bought a bunch of stuff from Ali and my products have never really failed. However, i never buy the cheapest variant of a product either. That's the thing on Ali, you really get what you pay for. And that's what I meant to say in my previous post; you can't bring down the entire platform just because it's cheap and from china.

Wow amazing, good post.

It is interesting that people stare into their computers. I have to get a ladder to even look into mine.

I can't even place speakers properly because too many monitors. There's a whole world of 4k youtube to watch and people want to stare into their computer...

On 12/31/2020 at 2:50 PM, Donut417 said:

Not trying to sound like an Ass Hole. But I wouldn't trust anything off of Aliexpress.

AliExpress is very similar to ebay. Many sellers selling many things. Some good deals, and some stuff you can't get as cheaply on ebay (or locally).

This just happened to be one of the crappy ones.

If I can find it cheaper on AiExpress (cheaper than ebay or local stores), I use them. I would sooner buy on AliExpress than pay for many components at the local rip-off PC stores. A particular favourite are the SNOWMAN cpu coolers (and many other brands from unknown Chinese manufacturers who happen to make great stuff).

2 minutes ago, unsorted said:

is very similar to ebay

I generally wouldn't buy off eBay either. Too many bad stories about stuff going on. 

There is a reason you buy PSU's from a reputable company and not no non name POS brand. Because shit like this came happen. I would never buy any computer components on aliexpress. You're just asking for a fire hazard. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

I generally wouldn't buy off eBay either. Too many bad stories about stuff going on. 

There is a reason you buy PSU's from a reputable company and not no non name POS brand. Because shit like this came happen. I would never buy any computer components on aliexpress. You're just asking for a fire hazard. 

Each to their own!

I have bought hundreds of items (perhaps thousands) from both with a very small minority being refund-worthy and most being absolute bargains that I wouldn't dream of buying locally (if I could find them to begin with). CPU coolers in particular are over-marketed rip-offs locally.

Does anyone know if these adapters exist in a non-cheapo variant?

Won't mind paying a multitude of those AliExpress prices for a bit peace of mind.

Thanks

• 5 months later...