Windows 7 slow at Windows logo!

For the past about month my PC has been taking about 20-30 seconds on the Windows logo screen while booting,

anyone got a clue why?
There's nothing like a external HDD plugged in on boot which can slow it down.

(specs in signature) 

SET UP:

Corsair Vengeance C70 | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i7 3770k | STOCK COOLER  :( soon to be replaced with a H220! | EVGA 660ti FTW ed. 2GB | 16gb Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz | Corsair 120GB Neutron GTX SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair AX860i | Corsair AF120 QE X4

maybe try cleaning up your registry with CCleaner

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

maybe try cleaning up your registry with CCleaner

I'll give it a bash after work,

SET UP:

Corsair Vengeance C70 | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i7 3770k | STOCK COOLER  :( soon to be replaced with a H220! | EVGA 660ti FTW ed. 2GB | 16gb Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz | Corsair 120GB Neutron GTX SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair AX860i | Corsair AF120 QE X4

If you actually don't mind spending some money you could purchase a program called Auslogics Boost Speed - $30 for 3 licenses (1 Year). Go through their features list, it is some awesome software and you won't regret it. Another good point for it would be that they are partnered up with Microsoft.

Waste of money .. keep your system clean .. so you can reinstall it in a short time .. don't inundate your system with stuff you don't need and and you're backing up often :D .. just increases the performance of the pc.

I ve had the same issue.

Has something to do with the RST (Rapid Storage-Technologie) I ve heard, without getting any info on how to solve the problem.

Comes and goes...I connected a external DVD Drive and now I boot like a fresh win install again  :huh:

I've only been using my current SSD for about 3 months, I can't imagine I'll need to format already!  :(

SET UP:

Jettonx, I believe you have installed an Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware software.

They are many A/V software that does a virus check on Windows boot files, as Windows boots.

You can't disable this. You have to choose a different anti-virus. I suggest Microsoft Security Essential and safe web surfing (and don't open image.jpg.exe, and if a document/movie/picture/etc needs Administrator privileges, you know something is wrong).

Jettonx, I believe you have installed an Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware software.

They are many A/V software that does a virus check on Windows boot files, as Windows boots.

You can't disable this. You have to choose a different anti-virus. I suggest Microsoft Security Essential and safe web surfing (and don't open image.jpg.exe, and if a document/movie/picture/etc needs Administrator privileges, you know something is wrong).

I'm using AVGfree, any idea if that does it?

SET UP:

Maybe your drive is just so cluttered. Try degragmenting it if you havent already. Try the forementioned CCleaner and if still not still not working then I think it might be time to get a new drive maybe.

Maybe your drive is just so cluttered. Try degragmenting it if you havent already. Try the forementioned CCleaner and if still not still not working then I think it might be time to get a new drive maybe.

NVM just read that its an SSD. If it was an early SSD then that is a known issue.

I'm using AVGfree, any idea if that does it?

Yes it does, I just tried it, and I can confirm similar boot time as you. Uninstall it, and restart your computer. You'll see how faster it boots up.

Download CCleaner and look at what starts while turning on your computer, that usually causes slowness while booting up. I personally disable almost everything that is not driver related. Like the update check etc.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

have you installed a custom boot screen?

Cause i have sen that with the Windows 7 BootUp

I was thinking it would be coz you have a HDD but you have an SSD so I'm stumped haha :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Rather weird mate, I have a Corsair force 3 SSD, 240Gb model, when the logo appears, 7/10 the logo doesn't even fully combine and it passes that screen. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

You can also disable GUI boot.

1. Type in msconfig in the start menu search area (Windows 7)
  2. Go to the boot tab
  3. click "No GUI Boot"

While their you can also see if their is anything that you can disable on startup (go to the startup tab), disable anything like adobe update etc.

Reboot and see if it's any faster.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

You can also disable GUI boot.

1. Type in msconfig in the start menu search area (Windows 7)
  2. Go to the boot tab
  3. click "No GUI Boot"

While their you can also see if their is anything that you can disable on startup (go to the startup tab), disable anything like adobe update etc.

Reboot and see if it's any faster.

tried that, just got a black screen for the same amount of time Windows splash comes up :/

I uninstalled my AV and no fast either

SET UP:

really?! Wow, interesting...

I really need to think about this...

Check you services. Disable any services that is not from Microsoft. Usually they have no description in the description section, but don't only base yourself on that.

Open Device Manager, make sure that everything is good.

Unplug any peripheral from your system (except keyboard and mouse, of course), and remove any extension card: Sound card, Wireless card, TV Tuner, basically anything except your graphic card.. actually, you know what, you have Intel GPU, so remove your graphic card. If your problem is solved, plug each back in, one by one, and this way you can find the culprit.

Finally, and lastly, check the event viewer of Windows for any error. Maybe a driver is causing an issue at startup.

d990988093a1bf885c42128da7ba2f01.png

That's all I have on start up?

When I boot I literally just have the bare essentials plugged in on boot 

SET UP: