MMmmMM This Vietnamese Apple Kabab is to die for...give my compliments to the Master Chef

nicehat

3554426-8054600695-halo-.jpg

Sorry sir, the Master Chef you speak of is none other than IBM's Watson, and he's not a people person. 

For the SXSW music festival, IBM has come up with it's "Cognitive Cooking" project, where they enlist the services of four prominent chefs to work with Watson, a supercomputer that will access a database of tens of thousands of recipes and ingredient combinations to conceive dishes that the regular foodie has probably never thought of.

"If you were to look inside the system that is running in the IBM cloud you would see a system that is trained on 35,000 different recipes, as if it was digesting a giant cookbook," said Steve Abrams, Director of Watson Life at IBM. "From reading that cookbook it has learnt an awful lot about different ingredients that are often used in different cuisines, and the ingredients that are often paired together."

Abrams estimates that the ingredient pairings by watson into the quintillions (1 quintillion = 1 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000). This process is what takes Watson's exploits into uncharted territory, even for professional chefs.

For the Vietnamese Apple Kabab, the supercomputer doesnt look at ingredient pairings like human chefs do. Instead, it looks for chemical compositons and those that go best together. For example for the apple kabab, identifying a common flavor compound found in both pork and apple, working out whether combining the two was likely to produce a pleasant sensation, and inventing a recipe with an emphasis on the unusual and the so far untried. 

ibm_watson_cognitive_cooking-14.png

Other recipes conjured by Watson: 

coconut-flavored Caribbean Snapper Fish & Chips 

Belgian Bacon Pudding

Austrian Chocolate Burrito with lean ground beef and two ounces of dark chocolate

http://time.com/12912/ibms-supercomputer-watson-is-now-a-chef-with-his-own-food-truck/

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2454684,00.asp

http://www.gizmag.com/ibm-watson-sxsw-food-truck/31173/

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

move to off topic?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

No, it's tech related. As tech related as something like a new mechanical limb or something like that

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

move to off topic?

It's a supercomputer, We'll allow it :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I got a warning a while back for talking about a kit kay shop opening in japan, they make the kitkats with 3d printers and i still got a warning, im not mad that i got a warning but this should be moved.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I got a warning a while back for talking about a kit kay shop opening in japan, they make the kitkats with 3d printers and i still got a warning, im not mad that i got a warning but this should be moved.

You shouldn't mistreat others just because you were mistreated :)

very cool tho, would like to see what more it can come up with and how successful it will be.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

It took me a while to realise this is tech related lol 

But this is freaking awesome *cough*SKYNET*cough* 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

You shouldn't mistreat others just because you were mistreated :)

very cool tho, would like to see what more it can come up with and how successful it will be.

I trying to say it shouldnt be a double standard, if one person gets their thread moved for a reason and if another person makes the same mistake then the same thing should happen.

At any rate its interesting to see what happens regarding that technology.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I trying to say it shouldnt be a double standard, if one person gets their thread moved for a reason and if another person makes the same mistake then the same thing should happen.

At any rate its interesting to see what happens regarding that technology.

thats the thing tho, if you got beaten as a kid you are saying that all kids should be beaten :/

2 wrongs do not make it right :(

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

thats the thing tho, if you got beaten as a kid you are saying that all kids should be beaten :/

I suggest you read the rules of this forum, then you would under what i mean. Ill let the mod team deal with the situation, they have the powers and i trust them to use it well.

Listen if you care.