Unlocking bootloader on Huawei

Prodigy_Smit

So I have a Huawei Honor 5x that I am trying to install lineage os on, but Huawei has stopped providing unlock codes for their phones. Anyone know a way to unlock the bootloader so I can flash TWRP on it and start with lineage os.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Afaik unless you're willing to pay to some third-party its not unlockable
perhaps contacting huawei can yeld some result, too..

Just now, Sagiri-chan said:

Afaik unless you're willing to pay to some third-party its not unlockable
perhaps contacting huawei can yeld some result, too..

Damn. I really hoped. I found a guide on the XDA forum trying it out rn. Hopefully it works ill post the link here if it does. 

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

1 minute ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

Damn. I really hoped. I found a guide on the XDA forum trying it out rn. Hopefully it works ill post the link here if it does. 

my huawei was so old (y560-l01) it didnt require such code

1 minute ago, Sagiri-chan said:

my huawei was so old (y560-l01) it didnt require such code

Lmao. Consider yourself lucky I guess. I have been searching for 2 hours and this is the first guide that does not need me to download a software from a questionable site.

Desktop :

Laptop :

Desktop :

Laptop :

• 6 months later...

Hello

Sorry for reviving this old thread. I'm trying to unlock my 5X (KIW-L21) as well, i've followed the same tutorial, but can't see to get the code from the root shell command. My phone is rooted and running android android 5.1.1 / EMUI 3.1. When i send the command through adb, nothing is returned. Searching all mmcblk files makes the terminal hang for a while, so im assuming that either it fails or just has a lot to search through.

What rom did you use ? Did you have to change something compared to the tutorial (obviously, apart from the rom used)

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Archen Von Dreknov said:

Hello

Sorry for reviving this old thread. I'm trying to unlock my 5X (KIW-L21) as well, i've followed the same tutorial, but can't see to get the code from the root shell command. My phone is rooted and running android android 5.1.1 / EMUI 3.1. When i send the command through adb, nothing is returned. Searching all mmcblk files makes the terminal hang for a while, so im assuming that either it fails or just has a lot to search through.

What rom did you use ? Did you have to change something compared to the tutorial (obviously, apart from the rom used)

Thanks in advance

Did you look at the 5X thread?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-bootloader-unlock-your-honor-5x-official-and-unofficial-methods.3328600/

Not looking good these days for any of the free methods though... I still have two 5Xs laying around that work as backups every so often. Both run Lineage.

I've looked at this thread yes, but there is no way i'll pay for this stupid lock code. Other possibilities mentionned didnt seem to work, as the WVLOCK variable doesnt seem to be visible from the mmcblock files. I was thinking of brute forcing it (like, use a script that tries a bunch of codes) as i found a script that does this on github, but it didnt work either (it uses increments based on the phone's emei for some reason, and well... my 5X didnt agree with the method lol).

How did you unlock you 5X's ?

5 hours ago, Archen Von Dreknov said:

How did you unlock you 5X's ?

I've had them long enough I got unlock codes from Huawei back when they were still unlocking phones.