Intel Core i7-4770K Overclocked to 7 GHz

Jozi

Launch of Intel's Core i7-4770K "Haswell" processor may be a month away, but the chip has been in circulation for some time now. An overclocker going by the handle "rtiueuiurei" managed to get an engineering sample of the chip past the 7 GHz mark, 7012.65 MHz to be precise. A base clock of 91.07 MHz, multiplier of 77.0x, and a staggering 2.56V core voltage, unless CPU-Z read it wrong. A single 2 GB memory module was used; no other details were revealed. Core i7-4770K and a fleet of compatible socket LGA1150 motherboards launch around the first week of June.

18a.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/183476/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-Overclocked-to-7-GHz.html

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

The voltage aren't listed correctly though,(older version of cpu-z)

a 4670k overclocked to 6,2 ghz only needs 1,2v

Core-i5-4670K-6.2-GHz.jpeg

The voltage aren't listed correctly though,(older version of cpu-z)

a 4670k overclocked to 6,2 ghz only needs 1,2v

Most likely subzero cooling with power saving options turned on and I doubt it's stable in most programs.

Naice.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Yes, and just 2 cores where running ..

Let's hope this means the CPUs will be very overclocking friendly, even in more usual scenarios.

it's not 'probably'. it is DEFINITELY cooled by ln2 or equivalent subzero coolant.

It's not saying anything if he deactived the half cores ...  :(

Maybe he should've filmed it instead of screencapping, I'm always hesitant to believe these extreme overclocks.

true

=

Maybe he should've filmed it instead of screencapping, I'm always hesitant to believe these extreme overclocks.

There was a youtube video with someone overclocking it to 8ghz, but it got removed after awhile, not sure if it was legit or not

Same for me, I don't would perfer a video. Though this is nice anyway.

However I would never see the point in that speed, I mean my 3570K at 4.2GHz does more than suffice me. I could go higher, though I don't have the best cooling, and like I said it performs well enough. Though I primarily use it for gaming and such, no editing, rendering, or any of the other more demanding stuff so I suppose that is why. Same thing goes for my 7970, It runs everything fine at the moment so I don't bother overclocking it, If it struggled then I would begin tweaking.

Hope Haswell will be this overclocking friendly, that would make it a great platform! Very interesting. 

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. But yeah prolly on liquid nit

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

is this with just like regular cooling or like liquid nitrogen. like would a h100 or an equvalent be able to do that and keep it at normal temps.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

is this with just like regular cooling or like liquid nitrogen. like would a h100 or an equvalent be able to do that and keep it at normal temps.

No.

No.

no what no liquid nitrogen or no a h100 couldnt cool it enough?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

no what no liquid nitrogen or no a h100 couldnt cool it enough?

Sorry I didn't explain more, I meant that I have a very hard time believing that you would get <100 degrees without some sub zero cooling, at 7 ghz, especially at that high voltage that he is using :O

Sorry I didn't explain more, I meant that I have a very hard time believing that you would get <100 degrees without some sub zero cooling, at 7 ghz, especially at that high voltage that he is using :o

thank you i didnt think so but everyone says they are amazing at oc

You'll need l2n cooling, even phase-changing will not be enough, not talking about a h100...

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

You'll need l2n cooling, even phase-changing will not be enough, not talking about a h100...

didnt think so lol :)

why does the 4770k only have 4 threads?

no hyperthreading???

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020