3060 to enough for high refresh rate 1440p?

Niko_Papasta

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi all,

Is a 3060 ti enough for high refresh rate 1440p? Mostly comp FPS titles such as war zone, siege, csgo, pubg, but some games such as cyberpunk (obv it will need to drop to medium settings). 

Just now, Niko_Papasta said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi all,

Is a 3060 ti enough for high refresh rate 1440p? Mostly comp FPS titles but some games such as cyberpunk (obv it will need to drop to medium settings). 

Yes, but if you would like to go 240fps i think you might need to go a little bit higher. The 3060ti is perfect for 1440p and it delivers 144fps

1 minute ago, Niko_Papasta said:

Hi all,

Is a 3060 ti enough for high refresh rate 1440p? Mostly comp FPS titles but some games such as cyberpunk (obv it will need to drop to medium settings). 

its basiclly a 2080 ti with better prices and rtx, so yea it will handle it

Just now, progamer21 said:

Yes, but if you would like to go 240fps i think you might need to go a little bit higher. The 3060ti is perfect for 1440p and it delivers 144fps

he said 144hz

2 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

he said 144hz

ok then 144hz but its measured in fps, not hz, hz is for monitors, tv's and such

1 minute ago, progamer21 said:

ok then 144hz but its measured in fps, not hz, hz is for monitors, tv's and such

ik that, he said HIGH REFRESH RATe

Just now, progamer21 said:

ok lol

i meant that he never said 144fps he said fps games, and that i said high refresh rate like him

Just now, ComputerBuilder said:

i meant that he never said 144fps he said fps games, and that i said high refresh rate like him

ok

You will never hit a stable 144hz in Cyberpunk, even on low settings 1440p.  Hopefully the devs do some serious optimization soon. For the other games you should be fine.

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

26 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

its basiclly a 2080 ti with better prices and rtx, so yea it will handle it

3060 ti is closer to a 2080 super than a 2080 ti, but it still should be enough