Should I wait for the samsung galaxy s5 or get a s4?

griffo1996

Should I wait for the samsung galaxy s5 or get a s4?

Do you spill a lot of water, if so wait and get the S5, if not go with the S4 cause it  is cheaper.

edit, Note GS5 is water resistant, not waterproof.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

They are the same phone. I would get something like a Nexus 5 or Moto X for the price. If you can wait and then splash out for the Find 7, the One Plus One, or HTC M8 maybe they would be good/better options.

Quote me to get a reply!

the s4 will probably drop price and its almost the same as the s5 so i would grab an s4 because cheap

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

I would recommend getting the S5 over the S4 because there is no significant price difference. S5 has great features such as the heartbeat monitor and is water proof

why samsung in the first place go buy a Nexus 5

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The S4 has a snapdragon 600 which is getting a bit sluggish and if you can only upgrade every two years I would get something with snapdragon 800; ie: LG G2, Nexus 5.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I recently bought an S4, got a decent deal too.

I was kicking myself when I saw the announcement of the S5, because I always end up buying major things just before the new revision comes out.

Anyway, I don't feel too bad because they have the same resolution from what I read, relatively the same specs inside, and they look similar and both use the typical android plastic idea.

So, go ahead and see if you can't find a good deal on a cheap S4 imo!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

Depends on what you need and what price you can get it at.

Most people seem to agree that the Galaxy S5 is a hideous looking device, and realistically has very few advantages over the S4. However, the S4 itself was never a great device - TouchWiz managed to take the powerful hardware the phone has and make it run like a mouldy, half-eaten potato.

If you want build quality, get an HTC One (or if you don't mind the... 'different' aesthetic, the upcoming HTC M8 / One 2 / whatever it's called). If you want all-around versatility (waterproof, dustproof) and build quality, get an Xperia Z2. If you want productivity, get a Galaxy Note 3. If you are obsessed with being 100% up to date with the most insignificant and pointless of updates, get a Nexus 5. If you want a customisable phone with an extremely zippy user experience, get a Motorola Moto X. If you want a cheap and cheerful (yet still rather great) phone get the Motorola Moto G.

We need more info on what you need and want from your phone to recommend one to you. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I absolutely agree with Whiskers.

If money isn't an issue for you, the S5 will be better than the S4 in every category. Obviously, because it's new. It's water resistent, it's got a better camera, it comes stock with Kitkat, it has a finger print scanner etc.

BUT, personally, I think there's better options out there.

I think the Nexus 5 and HTC One have the best looking designs and build quality.

If having a removable battery and a MicroSD card slot is important. There's the Galaxy Note 3 and the LG G2(or the G Pro 2)