high end keyboard

Andy.jc

i've been looking at the steelseries or razer keyboards after good mechanical keyboard 

do mind paying extra $$

I’m a huge fan of my clicky blue switch G915

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

I'm not a big fan of Razer, mostly because their stuff is typically pretty overpriced, but keyboards are a very personal thing. Do you have any idea of what kind of switches you like? If not, I'd recommend going to your local electronics store and trying some out. I can try to describe the feeling of a Cherry MX Red, Brown or Blue switch to you, but you need to feel it yourself to get the whole picture. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

I can't say enough good things about the G.Skill KM780. It's also incredibly cheap at about $60 (usually) for the MX Red switches.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

33 minutes ago, Action_Johnson said:

I’m a huge fan of my clicky blue switch G915

Love my G513 Carbon with GX Blue switches. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Can't really have a "high end keyboard" topic and be mentioning gaming brands generally.

That being said, you'd need to provide more information to really steer the suggestions. Full-size? TKL? Switch preference? RGB? If there is one thing that is unfortunate with keyboards, is the sheer variety that exists at every option means your most desirable preference might not exist or be really rare or expensive.

For ma part I like a hotswappable board cause you can just change the switches whenever you are tired of the one you're using or when you want to try something new.  If you are not sure about the kind of switches you would like it's probably something to get. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

not thought of budget say 150 -400 would of thought covered high end 

be nice with rgb or led lighting number keypad to right 

I bought 4 mechanical keyboards before I found the key-switch that I like. Now I have one key board that I absolutely love and 3 key boards in their boxes in my closet...

I would highly recommend finding the switch you like first and then once you have that pick the brand and style that suits you.

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

https://www.zsa.io/moonlander/

One of the best split keyboards on the market with a very powerful software interface. You can swap switches later on they give you the needed tools. While ordering the switch selection is not that great but it got your basics covered. I ordered mine with the Kailh Box White and so far I am enjoying the switches.

A split keyboard is life changing especially if you are already starting to develop symptoms of wear in your joints.

Also if you play stuff like flightsims having the ability to position the different halves of the keyboard where you need them around the flightstick is pretty handy.

Not a fan of the gaming keyboards.

2 hours ago, Wishiwasdead said:

I bought 4 mechanical keyboards before I found the key-switch that I like. Now I have one key board that I absolutely love and 3 key boards in their boxes in my closet...

I would highly recommend finding the switch you like first and then once you have that pick the brand and style that suits you.

Sell them on the mechmarket subreddit

I like cute animal pics.

Mac Studio | Ryzen 7 5800X3D + RTX 3090

12 minutes ago, n0stalghia said:

Sell them on the mechmarket subreddit

I'm a tech hoarder... maybe one day I'll have friend that wants to buy a nice keyboard and he will be able to try out all my key-switches and it will help him make his decision...

18 minutes ago, Wishiwasdead said:

I'm a tech hoarder... maybe one day I'll have friend that wants to buy a nice keyboard and he will be able to try out all my key-switches and it will help him make his decision...

Maybe one day ill have a friend.

Sorry joking... im getting off topic...

1 hour ago, Exidor said:

I strongly recommend ordering a switch tester to try out the different switches before ordering the ones you like.

Its not a bad idea but it doesn't give you a 'real' typing experience... they have keyboards on display that you can type on at some Best Buys and other computer stores... or if you have a friend that has a mechanical keyboard... and it's free... but if you can't find any of those the switch tester is a good idea too.