RTX 2070 Super 8gb Underperforming

Go to solution Solved by Mark Kaine,
6 minutes ago, AnaRChyO7 said:

Maybe my CPU is limiting my RTX 2070S 8gb.

nah, it shouldn't outside of some weird edge cases maybe, it should even be good for a 3080, alledgely!

it's also really easy to figure out just use an overlay that shows all cores... if you're close to 100% usage on some or most of them or only 1 or 2 cores are and the others basically do nothing that is clearly a cpu bottleneck, but that shouldn't really happen with 99% of games out there afaik. 

5 minutes ago, AnaRChyO7 said:

I'm buying a 3400Hmz RAM

that should definitely help 

Hi! My RTX 2070 Super 8gb is extremely underperforming. I’m getting 110fps on Warzone on 1080p with Low Setting (because I have a 144hz Monitor) and the GPU usage is at 75%. When I change the Graphic Settings to High/Ultra the FPS doesn’t change at all but the GPU usages go up. 

MY SETUP:

Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, Ballistic 8gbx2 2666Mhz, ASUS B450m MOBO.

If anybody can help I’d really appreciate it!

16 minutes ago, AnaRChyO7 said:

Ballistic 8gbx2 2666Mhz,

could be the major limiting factor. Ryzen is very sensitive to ram speed.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Sounds like CPU limited situation by your description

Any background tasks running?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

True, I never figured out how much fps it actually costs but since amd always said 3000mhz minimum it's probably rather significant. 

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

yeah sounds like it but is unlikely unless op has a trillion youtube pages open or something.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

23 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

I've read about the RAM Speed as well. I'm buying a 3400Mhz RAM and hopefully I can get a litte bit more performance from my Ryzen. Otherwise I might as well buy th 5600x 

22 hours ago, Moonzy said:

No background tasks running. Maybe my CPU is limiting my RTX 2070S 8gb. Thinking about upgrading for the Ryzen 5600x. 

21 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

True, I never figured out how much fps it actually costs but since amd always said 3000mhz minimum it's probably rather significant. 

yeah sounds like it but is unlikely unless op has a trillion youtube pages open or something.

Yeah, I'm buying a 3400Hmz RAM and trying it ou. Hopefully it gets better. I'm realy frustrated cuz the RTX 2070S should be performing way better than it is right now :/

6 minutes ago, AnaRChyO7 said:

Maybe my CPU is limiting my RTX 2070S 8gb.

nah, it shouldn't outside of some weird edge cases maybe, it should even be good for a 3080, alledgely!

it's also really easy to figure out just use an overlay that shows all cores... if you're close to 100% usage on some or most of them or only 1 or 2 cores are and the others basically do nothing that is clearly a cpu bottleneck, but that shouldn't really happen with 99% of games out there afaik. 

5 minutes ago, AnaRChyO7 said:

I'm buying a 3400Hmz RAM

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, AnaRChyO7 said:

No background tasks running. Maybe my CPU is limiting my RTX 2070S 8gb. Thinking about upgrading for the Ryzen 5600x. 

Tbh, 3600 is already a fast CPU, but if you think it's not enough then sure, upgrade it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

14 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Appreciate the help! I'll check all the cores to see if it is a CPU Bottleneck! Thanks again :D

Your problem is likely not with your system at all, very possible it's an issue with the game config.  Open a Youtube page and add "FIXING Ryzen 5 Warzone" in the search bar.  The first hit should be a vid from Techtesters, she explains exactly which config file to look for and what the change should be.  Skip the first bit and go to 4:10 to find the file and make the adjustment.   This fix apparently improves performance for ryzen and intel 6 core cpu's.  Hope this helps.