windows license expares and need an update

saba17

windows  license expares  and need an update this showed up on my screen so do i need to reinstall windows

Can you please provide a screenshot.

Windows licenses don't expire. It's possible that there may be a virus on your system.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

4 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Can you please provide a screenshot.

Windows licenses don't expire. It's possible that there may be a virus on your system.

ok but it only showed up once so i dont know.i dont have a screenshot

10 minutes ago, sabapro17 said:

windows  license expares  and need an update this showed up on my screen so do i need to reinstall windows

Windows licenses dont expire. If your license is no longer valid it could have been blacklisted. Many people buy keys from "Grey Market" dealers. Some of these keys are purchased from stolen credit cards and sold. Some keys are according to Microsofts "TOS" not to be resold. Microsoft periodically will blacklist these keys. So if your key is no longer valid, you will need to purchase a new one. 

As far as the updating goes. You could be out of date. I know my gaming machine is still on 1909. Because Im not stupid enough to install 2004 on it, because that didnt end well for many. Microsoft will support major releases for a set amount of time. Eventually 1909 will loose support and Ill be forced to a newer version of Windows 10. You also could be missing bug fixes/security updates. Just check Windows update for more info. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Windows licenses dont expire. If your license is no longer valid it could have been blacklisted. Many people buy keys from "Grey Market" dealers. Some of these keys are purchased from stolen credit cards and sold. Some keys are according to Microsofts "TOS" not to be resold. Microsoft periodically will blacklist these keys. So if your key is no longer valid, you will need to purchase a new one. 

As far as the updating goes. You could be out of date. I know my gaming machine is still on 1909. Because Im not stupid enough to install 2004 on it, because that didnt end well for many. Microsoft will support major releases for a set amount of time. Eventually 1909 will loose support and Ill be forced to a newer version of Windows 10. You also could be missing bug fixes/security updates. Just check Windows update for more info. 

i am updating windosw it shows up and updates so i dont know why this happened

3 minutes ago, sabapro17 said:

ok but it only showed up once so i dont know.i dont have a screenshot

Well all I can suggest then is that you run a virus scan using something like Malwarebytes or Bitdefender  (both have free versions) or any other antivirus that you have installed

(And in the future, if you get a warning you don't recognise, you should take a screenshot of it in case you ever need to ask for help).

If you go into the activation settings in Windows, does it show that Windows is activated?

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

YOu may have a volume license which are not renewed.

It will automatically disable all activation that used the volume keys.

what you can do right now is use windows without activation or buy another key.

a good key seller usually have lifetime warranty meaning they will replace the key if something like this happened.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

11 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Well all I can suggest then is that you run a virus scan using something like Malwarebytes or Bitdefender  (both have free versions) or any other antivirus that you have installed

(And in the future, if you get a warning you don't recognise, you should take a screenshot of it in case you ever need to ask for help).

If you go into the activation settings in Windows, does it show that Windows is activated?

here it says i am up to date and windows is activated so i dont know.thank you

2020.12.05-19.13.png

2020.12.05-19.14.png

3 minutes ago, sabapro17 said:

yes like this

Look at the link I posted, it's an answer on Microsoft's forums.

Here's another one: https://medium.com/@blairlennon2019/how-to-fix-your-windows-license-will-expire-soon-error-on-windows-10-b86953d927aa

4 minutes ago, sabapro17 said:

here it says i am up to date and windows is activated so i dont know.thank you

2020.12.05-19.13.png

This says "Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC" and "activated using your organization's activation service". I'd recommend contacting your employer's administrator since this is clearly a Windows installation provided by your company ;)

If it isn't... then that's the reason. This is not something that is available to private buyers.

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

Not on retail or OEM licenses. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Not on retail or OEM licenses. 

Look above, OP has an enterprise version (LTSC)

16 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

This was already debunked, but I'll add too. Expiring licenses are common in OPs situation where activation comes from network server. So in Enterprise and Education copies. These get activation for certain periods, and need to be connected to network for renewal. Or if company removes PC from the network (for example sells it to employee to be personal computer).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

This was already debunked, but I'll add too. Expiring licenses are common in OPs situation where activation comes from network server. So in Enterprise and Education copies. These get activation for certain periods, and need to be connected to network for renewal. Or if company removes PC from the network (for example sells it to employee to be personal computer).

Ah yes, my bad, I wrongly asssumed that OP was on an individual consumer/OEM license

pythonmegapixel