Does this ebayer part swap make any sense?

I've bought a used Lenovo Thinkcenter SmallFormFactor (SFF), 700 series. I'm pretty sure the previous owner swapped some parts, since it came with 1TB SSD, 32gb RAM, GeForce 710 and a i5-6600K. Keyboard, mouse and an old monitor included.

For 270€ I'm very happy, but there is something that concerns me: the 6600K is a 90W CPU, but on full load I've never seen the wattage on HWMonitor going above 55W.

My guess is that the motherboard and PSU combination on this office PC doesn't have the guts to power that CPU. Cinebench R23 score: around 3600. Not to mention that it is a K CPU and the mobo doesn't offer any OC utilities.

Do you think my guess is correct?

Thank you, have a nice day

19 minutes ago, olimexsmart said:

Do you think my guess is correct?

If you never checked MOSFET-temps, they may be the limiting factor, or it may simply have a locked power-limit in BIOS. Nothing much you can do about the latter. I'd presume it's the latter and it's set at 65W; you could always try running Prime95 with small-FFTs -- you'd likely get closer to 65W, but not over it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

17 minutes ago, olimexsmart said:

GeForce 710 and a i5-6600K

use the igpu at this point. Its better.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Thanks for the fast replies! 

2 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

use the igpu at this point. Its better.

Yeah I don't understand why they still sell it to this day TBH 🙈

I have two ideas:

1. Buying a i7-6700. The rated TDP is lower and it has multithreading which is more suited for what I do which is mainly code developing. The problem is that, even used, it's a 170€ and higher price tag. Kind of unexpected for a 5 years old CPU. And it would still hit the power limit.
  2. Build a PC with the parts I have, basically it would mean buying a motherboard, PSU and CPU cooler. Maybe even leaving the 710 out or reselling it. This would also enable overclocking and exploit the "K". Again around 170€, with the case being savaged at the local recycle center.

Or I can keep it like this, I mean it works fine after all (well, a part from the fan control being dead when waking up from sleep 🙄 solved by avoid going to sleep)

Do you think it would make sense? Or since it's stuff 5 generation old it doesn't have sense investing money into it?