Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need Help Picking a Good Gaming Headset

Hi,

I am looking for a good gaming headset. I am fairly new to headsets. I currently use a cheap Turtle Beach headset. So I would imagine that almost anything would be an improvement.

I plan on using the headset mostly on PC but I also plan using them on console (if possible). I also will be using them to talk to my friends while we play games on PC and console. Things I am looking for in a headset are:

• Good audio
  • Good Mic
  • Wireless

Thanks for the help, recommendations, and responses in advance!

How much are you willing to spend? Headsets generally aren't good, it's better to get normal headphones and a mic

3 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

How much are you willing to spend? Headsets generally aren't good, it's better to get normal headphones and a mic

The hyperx cloud II's and arctis 7's are very good alrounds if you don't want a whole setup that and op is wanting to use it on a console. Just make sure you don't get a usb version. Wireless I can't recommend over bluetooth due to the lag so just keep using wired. You can use the headphone port on a controller too for that.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The hyperx cloud II's and arctis 7's are very good alrounds if you don't want a whole setup that and op is wanting to use it on a console. Just make sure you don't get a usb version. Wireless I can't recommend over bluetooth due to the lag so just keep using wired. You can use the headphone port on a controller too for that.

I've been using Arctis 7 for almost 4 years now and they work perfectly, they aren't Bluetooth so dk what you're on about lag wise? 

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

I've been using Arctis 7 for almost 4 years now and they work perfectly, they aren't Bluetooth so dk what you're on about lag wise? 

The new ones are bt. Lag wise I mean the usual delay over bluetooth and when using the mic whilst also using the headset for sound it will drop the quality a lot to be able to get enough data through. 5.0 claims to fix it but so far it's just less worse. There are way to do it properly by using a dedicated wireless receiver and transmitter or using aptx bt (this is still not perfect tho).

40 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It's ok, but nothing compared to better headphones. If a mic is necessary, this is a good choice

https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset

2 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

Sorry that I forgot to state the amount that I am willing to spend. I am looking to spend around $100 US. However, I am not opposed to getting headphones and a mic. I mainly just want to get started with this kind of stuff. 

3 hours ago, The Flying Sloth said:

General rule is that gaming headsets suck and that you should probably just get headphones and an external mic.
So far as headsets go, the Beyerdynamic Tygr and Superlux HMD-660x aren't bad for what they are.

Exactly

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 2pcs of 500gb M2 SSDs, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming/Music🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Cooler Master MM711, had a G502 HERO but was too heavy for my liking.

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)