RTX 3080 Not Performing - help!

Jacked_Up22

I am hoping someone can shed some light on why this is happening. Heres the scoop.

Just got an MSI RTX 3080 Trio (finally) and I started using it last night. My previous card in this build was a 2060 super.

The bench marks i did using userbenchmarks.com blew the old card away by over 100%. (97% - 224%). 

The issue of non-performance came up when I started playing COD Warzone. Prior to the swap I was running at 144fps flat. With the exact same graphics settings i am only getting on average an extra 20-30 frames. The peaks and valleys are way higher and lower though with the 3080. I was consistently sitting at 144 with 2060 and now with a 3080 i am getting drops down to 110 120fps. It just doesnt make sense. When I look at the performance in task manager it doesn't seem to be using much vram at all and only about 36% of cpu. 

I am overclocking with MSI Afterburner and it still is not performing it almost made no difference. I would really appreciate some insight. I have attached screen shots of my build and benchmarks of both.

Build Overview:

i5 10600k

MSI Carbon MB

32gb Ram 3200mhz

970 evo pro plus1561106940_First3080.thumb.PNG.a8e00ba4df62d67fe549ff1b22fc70de.PNG2033223030_2060Bench.thumb.PNG.9e51fd6b8c8f6b727d40205d0381fbc3.PNG

RTX 3080

Corsair 750 psu

did you try a game other than warzone

blaming bad performance on 3080 using just one game isn't logical

and at what resolution ?

3080 is not made for 1080p

Well I don't have other games that i wasn't already hitting max frames. I was using a 2060 super and getting 300fps on overwatch. 

Really i want 240 fps in warzone because i have a 240hz monitor.

I am running in 1080p should I change that?

Did you wipe drivers before installing the 3080? It shouldn't be necessary, but it's worth a shot. Go look up Display Driver Uninstaller and give it a try, then install the newest drivers.

Searching the issue on google tells me that it just seems like cod is very unoptimized on nvidia 3000 drivers + you're playing at 1080p so you're heavily limited by your cpu. Increasing the resolution won't increase your frames but your 3080 on a 1080p monitor is kind of a waste. You should also try and ddu the driver and install the latest one that might help. If it doesn't the issues above are probably the reason.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Thanks for the suggestions. 

Ya my pred 3 is 240hz but i think its only 1080p. 

I will try to uninstall all the drivers and start from scratch.

Thanks folks. Ya i have a feeling its partly the game design. I know anything else will run fine

47 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Did you wipe drivers before installing the 3080? It shouldn't be necessary, but it's worth a shot. Go look up Display Driver Uninstaller and give it a try, then install the newest drivers.

I just did it. Performance is the same. Thanks for the help though!

Just now, Jacked_Up22 said:

I just did it. Performance is the same. Thanks for the help though!

Well the game is awful IMO. My performance with a 3700x and 1660 I'm pretty sure is the same or worse than with my old i5 and 1660.

Can you give more details on the PSU?

Did you connect both PCI cables seperatly?

Asking just in case, if your card isn't getting enough power it would easily underperform.