UPS delays delivering Newegg packages, among others due to shipping limits

rcmaehl
On 12/3/2020 at 1:36 PM, TVwazhere said:

It should be noted that they're not stopping but rather delaying packages past their normal time frame due to a huge surge in deliveries. 

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news/story/ups-temporarily-stops-collecting-orders-retailers-exceeding-delivery-74516947

Despite this, I bet Amazon shipments will continue to be delivered on time..  shipping companies and Amazon are real buddy-buddy.

On 12/3/2020 at 11:20 AM, bellabichon said:

I see this as a win. Every time I've had to pay ridiculous import fees and/or my item arrived damaged, it was UPS. 

As someone who has worked for them. I can tell you that we try not to damage the package, but we have no control over the flow that comes our way. Many packages get damaged when there is a "Door Buster" and the Extendo get packed to the brim.

What is this Door Buster? (I call it this but it has a different name) 

When a bunch of packages gets routed your way. (The image below give you a hint what i mean)

Spoiler

Friendly reminder that this is what all packages go through at UPS. : pics

52 minutes ago, Quinnell said:

Despite this, I bet Amazon shipments will continue to be delivered on time..  shipping companies and Amazon are real buddy-buddy.

Amazon will no longer use UPS in the near future. Amazon makes a total of 5% shipping volume for the United Parcel Service(UPS). 

Also, good for them, looking out for their employees. (UPS does not deliver on Saturday and Sundays(Something about union and the drivers), but big rig drivers do! But to other distributions tho).

7 hours ago, Quinnell said:

Amazon has its own dedicated shipping, at least in areas where Amazon warehouses exist. I cant remember the last time UPS delivered an Amazon order to me. Amazon also has its own Semi Trailers. Im waiting till they have there own truck drivers as well. Wont be long before they have their own planes for air freight. Newegg just doesn't have that kind of infrastructure. Of course Newegg is not as big as Amazon. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

@eaglerino actually some carriers like fed ex in my case make up their own fees and try to pretend it is the states taxes and levies.  I had fed ex try to make me pay like 60 dollars for some fee.  I cant remember what they called it but further analysis was that it was not actually tax.  Just some made up fee for moving it over a border.  It was imposed by them not the state or some law.  I had actually already received my shipment so I simply told them to Fuc@ off and to take their extoratative practices elsewhere.  I have never used fedex since.  They are extortion artists.  I wish I could remember what they called it because it is something that happens all the time and people do not need to pay it.  You can call customs yourself to see if it has been cleared.  Then tell the company it's clear and to send the package.  It is a huge scam.  brokerage fees or consignment fees or something like that.

Meanwhile USPS has already shit the bed as far as I can tell.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

22 hours ago, divito said:

And "Newegg treating this like everything is normal" isn't piss poor; it IS normal. That's how deliveries and logistics work.

Certainly. The thing is, customers do not care that this is how logistics works. Delays and issues in a massive logistics chain happen. But, when the expectations have been set to create the new customer-facing norm (in the form of fantastic ship times and reliability), there is a reasonable expectation of a notification of issues. And it's ultimately not that hard for Newegg to send out an email to anyone with an existing order. At minimum, it would probably be an export from their shipping system and and import in to their email system. At most, it would be a series of API calls, which Newegg certainly has the capacity for. They don't even have to narrow down to orders affected, just any outstanding or recent orders within a timeframe, to say "Hey, you may have heard that even more than normal, we're experiencing shipping delays up to 1 week. Here's where you can find more information about the status of your order... <insert useful info here>". This sort of notification is extremely reasonable and simply is part of running this type of business. It's normal for the holiday season, but it's atypical to begin occurring so early around Thanksgiving with delays of one day or more. We can all pretty reasonably understand the reason (there's a pandemic, yo) that's causing everyone to order the vast majority of their purchases instead of shopping in-person. But, these sort of notifications are still extremely reasonable for any sort of customer.

There is no spoon.

My package dorm US to EU is stuck on the same tracking message since 11/11...

Originaly, it was supposed to be name-day present for my gf. Now, with a bit of luck, I can call it Christmas present.

Without luck maybe Bday 2021?

obrazek.png.14c51d98da80da7fd3e1e43bec45d41c.png

On 12/6/2020 at 10:47 AM, Quinnell said:

100%.  This black Friday I only shopped Amazon and WalMart (Newegg had nothing worth purchasing price wise/interest wise) and alot of it was actually stuff for our house.  Every damn package shipped on time, and arrived on time so far.  Still a couple in transit but the third party seller ship timeframe is accurate to tracking at this time.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

On 12/6/2020 at 6:09 PM, Charb said:

@eaglerino actually some carriers like fed ex in my case make up their own fees and try to pretend it is the states taxes and levies.  I had fed ex try to make me pay like 60 dollars for some fee.  I cant remember what they called it but further analysis was that it was not actually tax.  Just some made up fee for moving it over a border.  It was imposed by them not the state or some law.  I had actually already received my shipment so I simply told them to Fuc@ off and to take their extoratative practices elsewhere.  I have never used fedex since.  They are extortion artists.  I wish I could remember what they called it because it is something that happens all the time and people do not need to pay it.  You can call customs yourself to see if it has been cleared.  Then tell the company it's clear and to send the package.  It is a huge scam.  brokerage fees or consignment fees or something like that.

Brokerage fees are normal, and are a part of importing the goods commercially.

You are paying someone to complete customs paperwork for clearance, and to use a customs broker's bond to pay for the clearance until the broker gets reimbursed.

So unless you clear the importation yourself (which can take 1-2 hours to do with physical forms), you are paying for the service of importation. And there can be a lot to the customs paperwork for a lay person, and most customs brokers have specialized education and training to do.

Let me know if you can figure out a CBSA B3 form, plus if your time and money is worth it to go to a CBSA inland office (not a normal CBSA office!), wait in line for an hour or two, come back home, and send back the completed paperwork to the courier.

For many people and companies, this isn't worth it, unless you are a fairly large company and actually has the ability to self-clear goods yourself (and even then, that's a privilege CBSA grants to only certain companies that meet their requirements).

FYI, courier are under very heavy scrutiny by CBSA to ensure compliance.

What likely happened with you is that you got your goods under Release Prior to Payment (which means FedEx had to use their customs bond to account for the goods), and they would bill you later for the clearance.

This is changing; CBSA is saying in the future, companies like FedEx cannot rely on their customs bond, and instead, it is the importer of record that must have a customs bond in place in order for someone to enjoy Release Prior to Payment.

This means that for imports, when the goods cross the border, they need to have their duties and taxes already paid for, or else significant penalties will be applied to the shipping company and the importer (with the knock on effect that CBSA will now have both you and the shipping company in the system as causing problems in the past, and thus they will much more heavily scrutinize you in the future).

This will have a knock on effect for couriers; they will very likely won't allow goods to cross the border unless either someone has already cleared the goods, OR they pay the duties and taxes, and you reimburse the courier for that.

In short, you won't get your goods in your hands in the future unless you have paid the duties and taxes up front.

• 4 weeks later...

The same exact situation is happening to me in the new year.  I understand that UPS is experiencing high delivery volumes, but as it is stated later by _Sir that it is Newegg's responsibility to be upfront with their customers about the UPS shipping delays and that it may take weeks to get a package.

On 12/8/2020 at 7:21 AM, Tristerin said:

100%.  This black Friday I only shopped Amazon and WalMart (Newegg had nothing worth purchasing price wise/interest wise) and alot of it was actually stuff for our house.  Every damn package shipped on time, and arrived on time so far.  Still a couple in transit but the third party seller ship timeframe is accurate to tracking at this time.

Yes!  I have used both Amazon and Walmart this holiday season and all packages have arrived on time except for one that got lost.  Considering the circumstances of the pandemic, I beleive that's amazing!  I will say that one of my orders from Newegg back in the end of November 2020 did make it to me within the week time frame, so cudos to them for that.