What is wrong !!!

Aninda Muktadir

Currently I'm playing AC:Unity on PC. Most of the times the game freezes and the frame rate is very low. But sometimes the game is so smooth that I can even record it with MSI Afterburner. 

Why is this??

CPU: i3 3220

GPU:GT640

Sounds like you are either running out of vram or ram or even both. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

It's kinda off topic but if your internet is fast enough, I think the game is on GeForce Now if that might be smoother.

Well for a start unity is a mess of a game. It's buggy, has big performance issues and is just a rushed ac game that is not fully functional. Pair that with rather low end specs when the game chews through even higher end system of the time and you get this

What's the rest of your specs? Resolution of your monitor?

Which graphical setting are you running it at?

What does Task Manager says about your CPU, GPU and RAM usage while you're playing?

What else is running in the background?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Sounds like you are either running out of vram or ram or even both. 

@Levent But why is this ? this miracle? sometimes it gives me super smooth experience

29 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

What's the rest of your specs? Resolution of your monitor?

Which graphical setting are you running it at?

What does Task Manager says about your CPU, GPU and RAM usage while you're playing?

What else is running in the background?

@TetraSky

I'm currently running this at 720p @ lowest setting .My monitor is 1080p@60Hz.

Ram useag: around 6-7Gigs

CPU USAGE:30-40%

GPU USAGE:100%

13 minutes ago, Aninda Muktadir said:

@TetraSky

I'm currently running this at 720p @ lowest setting .My monitor is 1080p@60Hz.

Ram useag: around 6-7Gigs

CPU USAGE:30-40%

GPU USAGE:100%

Well there you have it too. How much ram do you have? If you only have 8 then your ram is basically at max and your gpu is at 100% so if something more intensive happens on screen it has no headroom and thus will have big framedrops. Combine that with the fact that unity is a buggy bad performance game and well bad framerate

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Well there you have it too. How much ram do you have? If you only have 8 then your ram is basically at max and your gpu is at 100% so if something more intensive happens on screen it has no headroom and thus will have big framedrops. Combine that with the fact that unity is a buggy bad performance game and well bad framerate

@jaslion 

But why is the miracle sometimes? 

Shouldn't it be always laggy?

Just now, Aninda Muktadir said:

@jaslion 

But why is the miracle sometimes? 

Shouldn't it be always laggy?

No, games have less intensive and more intensive parts and thus performances changes unity is worse in this regard as it's an unfinished game ad thus will drop performance at the regular.