Good PWM RGB Fans for under $40 (3 or 4 pack of fans)

AtomicXYZ

I need a reliable 3 or 4 pack of RGB PWM fans for my build. I really don't want them to be molex because I have seen some people say that they catch on fire.

Here is the list btw: 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $199.99
Motherboard ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For $64.99
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory Purchased For $54.99
Storage Crucial P2 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive Purchased For $50.99
Storage Seagate 1 TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $0.00
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card Purchased For $182.99
Case Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $45.98
Power Supply SeaSonic S12III 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply Purchased For $44.99
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $644.92
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-01 11:25 EST-0500  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HK5XKBT?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

I used extremely similar fans in Rainbow Duck 🦆, the 6 pack of DC-DC was about $42, the 6 pack PWM was $45. 

Note that they're ARGB, not RGB., so you will need to plug them in the plug at the bottom-left of your motherboard. Molex fans wont catch fire (that's a false or once in a lifetime event) they're simply bad because their speed cannot be controlled. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HK5XKBT?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

I used extremely similar fans in Rainbow Duck 🦆, the 6 pack of DC-DC was about $42, the 6 pack PWM was $45. 

Note that they're ARGB, not RGB., so you will need to plug them in the plug at the bottom-left of your motherboard. Molex fans wont catch fire (that's a false or once in a lifetime event) they're simply bad because their speed cannot be controlled. 

The reviews say that it uses molex and the PWM doesn't work. Is this true?

3 minutes ago, AtomicXYZ said:

The reviews say that it uses molex and the PWM doesn't work. Is this true?

The controller I got used SATA power to providfe power to all the fans plugged into the controoler, and had a PWM header to go to the motherboard for the PWM signal. No Molex was included.

On 8/3/2020 at 8:55 PM, TVwazhere said:

Firstly, are these uphere fans any good? The short answer is Yes. Yes they are. The 6 pack of ARGB fans costs $42 for the 3 pin and $46 for the 4 pin ( I used 3 pin only because the 4 pin was out of stock and the restock time would have been past the build date) they come with an ARGB controller that uses the reset switch on your case or the provided one to either change the RGB pattern, or can be press and held for two seconds while the pc is turned on to automatically sync to your motherboard. The controller use SATA power (FUCK molex) and can hold up to 7 RGB fans, DC or PWM (the controller is the same regardless of which you buy) The DC versions spin at about 1200rpm +/- 10% (motherboard reported around 1300 which seems high and is out of tolerance but whatever) and only 14 dBA per fan. When all fans (including GPU and CPU cooler) running, it was approximately 40-42dba of low frequency humming at idle; this can be tuned to be quieter with the PWM version, however I asked the PC owner and he was comfortable with the noise as he usually wears headphones anyways. Unfortunately, every time the PC resets, you must press and hold the reset switch to re-sync it. Which means unless I modded the case to have the reset switch poke out the back, you have to remove the top panel to remove the side panel to re-sync the ARGB. A minor pain, but a pain. Theoretically you could bypass the ARGB controller and use a 6 to 1 spliter (the Coolermaster AIO came with a 5 to 1 spliter, and it runs perfectly well) and then just use the included hub for the fan control only.  

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

The controller I got used SATA power to providfe power to all the fans plugged into the controoler, and had a PWM header to go to the motherboard for the PWM signal. No Molex was included.

thanks and one more thing: is 5 fans enough for my case?

59 minutes ago, AtomicXYZ said:

thanks and one more thing: is 5 fans enough for my case?

Definitely! 3 is enough in most instances including yours, 5 is if anything, overkill.