Did I install the H150i wrong

Dxnx

I have recently done a CPU test and found 1000 errors and have had loads of pc problems since october (had the pc since February). But I noticed that I installed the 3 pin connector that comes off the pump and I put it on AIO pump instead of the CPU Fan header. Could this have caused my pc to overheat and burnout. I will mention I did check my temps a lot playing games and majority of the time the temps were fine at like 60c but then their were times where it hit 80c even 90c

those are totally normal temps, idle temps should be closer to mid/high 30's or under. 

to be clear you had the wire from the pump 3 pin plugged into the motherboard aio header right? not one of the other cables off the pump?

8540_11_corsair-h150i-pro-rgb-cpu-cooler-review_full.thumb.jpg.c10064ff063960de8164732cb5e6a6ad.jpg

far right 3 pin plug goes to the motherboard AIO or CPU Fan header (Bios will sense which it's plugged into) 

Rad fans plug into the other left side connectors and absolutely plug in the sata plug to power everything. 

you can always check in the bios to see if the pump is sensed properly, there will be a tab/section for system cooling which lets you set fan speeds and see what the motherboard is seeing plugged in. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

28 minutes ago, Dxnx said:

3 pin connector that comes off the pump and I put it on AIO pump

umm you did it right

28 minutes ago, Dxnx said:

Could this have caused my pc to overheat and burnout.

nah it would have blue screened or shut off if the cpu hits 100c

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

those are totally normal temps, idle temps should be closer to mid/high 30's or under. 

to be clear you had the wire from the pump 3 pin plugged into the motherboard aio header right? not one of the other cables off the pump?

8540_11_corsair-h150i-pro-rgb-cpu-cooler-review_full.thumb.jpg.c10064ff063960de8164732cb5e6a6ad.jpg

far right 3 pin plug goes to the motherboard AIO or CPU Fan header (Bios will sense which it's plugged into) 

Rad fans plug into the other left side connectors and absolutely plug in the sata plug to power everything. 

you can always check in the bios to see if the pump is sensed properly, there will be a tab/section for system cooling which lets you set fan speeds and see what the motherboard is seeing plugged in. 

Ok well I had originally put the 3 pin on the AIO pump which later changed to CPU fan because I was having a corsairusbxp driver disconnecting reconnecting itself over and over when playing a game. But I am able to adjust the fans and everything for the cooler so maybe it was just a bad CPU after all 

2 minutes ago, sub68 said:

umm you did it right

nah it would have blue screened or shut off if the cpu hits 100c

I do get blue screens tho after I usually restart my pc after playing game that crashes

3 minutes ago, Dxnx said:

I do get blue screens tho after I usually restart my pc after playing game that crashes

does the system still run or is it totally dead?

you can try reseating the cooler to make sure it is cooling properly. overheating will cause errors in cpu tests and absolutely will cause blue screens. 

49 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

does the system still run or is it totally dead?

you can try reseating the cooler to make sure it is cooling properly. overheating will cause errors in cpu tests and absolutely will cause blue screens. 

This system still runs I just have to restart til I get past the blue screens. Here is just an image of a test I did but doesn’t show temps which I will do one where it does 

A034A484-42B5-4810-AD54-6C821E9A521D.jpeg

your clock and temp are listed in the top left of the test as well, 

Personally, based on those results I'd pull all but one memory stick and run it again

6 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

your clock and temp are listed in the top left of the test as well, 

Personally, based on those results I'd pull all but one memory stick and run it again

Ok should I reseat the cooler, remove a stick the do the test or just remove a stick then test.

start with the ram, it is looking like a memory hole or bad sector rather than a bad cpu

43 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

start with the ram, it is looking like a memory hole or bad sector rather than a bad cpu

Ok will try it

1 hour ago, Dxnx said:

Ok will try it

Still getting errors during the test but their is way a lot less errors now only 461 compared to that 10000 when I got to Pass 2/4

image.jpg

48 minutes ago, Dxnx said:

Still getting errors during the test but their is way a lot less errors now only 461 compared to that 10000 when I got to Pass 2/4

image.jpg

Try running it with XMP disabled.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

8 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Try running it with XMP disabled.

Ok will try. Do you think its the fact that having 4 sticks running at 3600mhz is too much. I should probably check my motherboards memory and see if it can even handle 4 sticks.

This is the website for supported memory and I actually couldn’t see my exact part no. Only something very close to it but that one is showing only 2 Dimms supported

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/TUF_B450M-PLUS_GAMING/Memory_QVL_3rd_Gen_AMD_Ryzen_Processors.pdf

I removed another stick at at 2/4 Pass I havent gotten a single error atm

1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

Have you done a bios update?

Yeah my bios is up to date. XMP is on with 2 stick in at 3600mhz still no errors so far about half way through the test. Shame if that reason was having 4 sticks really wanted to keep 32gbs of ram but I might try XMP off with 4 sticks and see what happens

2 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

4 sticks has always been weird on ryzen builds.

yeah I should've bought 2 x 16gb 3600mhz Ram sticks but oh well least I haven't got any errors anymore

i was think you might be able to get 4 sticks stable with a little more voltage. im guessing xmp sets it to 1.35v. i would try 1.375v and no more 1.4v.