3080 with a flip up screen?

NickHeavy
4 hours ago, SoloQday said:

*puts on flame suit*

So, I'll stop lurking for a moment and chime in with my experience in botting.

Full disclosure, I did run bots on lttstore.com in hopes of snagging this card myself, so if you're willing to put ethics aside and read below I'll tell how it was most likely snagged by another bot, since I wasn't able to get it.

My bot setup: 3 servers with 2 public addresses each, my mobile phone and desktop computer. 

I had 8 bots running with a random checking loop between 1-10s each. Each bot has a different IP address because of server caching, so I get more frequent "real" data rather than cached pages from Shopify Content-Delivery-Network.

Here's a quick run down of the logic of the bot I built for this,

they check the collections/all page with query price=ascending, since Linus mentioned the card will be at 1$.

I believe this is the most efficient way to find a new item going live in the store.

Once an item with 3080 string appears, the first bot to find it would grab the item page link and open it.

Once the item page is opened, click the GPAY button then click PAY element.

This is ultimately the most efficient way to purchase an item, fully automated.

And yet even then, I wasn't fast enough. My only bottleneck is the page loading.

Which I too, had the most efficient way of dealing with this, as I cache most assets and use the mobile version of the site.

Now I hope you learned something from what I just shared, and frankly, I do agree bots are a serious issue but unfortunately since there are no real solutions integrated by online stores, we're all forced to either conform to this reality or basically do not participate, since its impossible for humans to compete.

In conclusion, I hope there is a solid solution that comes out of all this. I've heard some stores are using quite a clever solution, where users subscribe to purchase an item, then randomly one of them is emailed with a reserved direct purchase link with a time limit. I believe more stores should integrate a similar solution.

3080 string? The product title was "Here" = bot fail bro.

But yes, as you illustrate not hard to make a bot for something like this.  Probably better if it was a raffle lol.

3 hours ago, NadeMagnet69 said:

Of course I do. Would that have been your answer before the 3000 series launch? "Nobody" was talking about bots before that. I was just making a point that demand more than anything is why we don't have 3000 series. Of course it was going to "insta" sell. It was like the deal of the year.

You really don't lol, you made a whole response about how nobody can get a 3080 in general and now you're sticking to it :D.  I was literally just talking about the one 3080 that Linus put up.  I haven't bothered trying to get a 3080 or anything like that, so couldn't care too much.  I was actually due to build a PC before christmas but I scrapped my plans for another year and bought an expensive bike instead.

But since you want me to talk about the topic of the 3080's in general, yes there are definitely bots picking them up, yes there is also fake demand by people scalping them, which is creating even more demand and impulse buys from geniuine buyers.  I don't disagree with you, but like I said there was clearly bots running on LTT store lol that's all I was mentioning since Linus was all casually like "ye the page doesn't exist so bots won't work", I could program that could make that work very easily lol.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:19 AM, SuBw00FeR said:

I have this same card but I'm having issues with uploading images to the screen, did you have any trouble at all? What version of the software did you use? I've been talking to colorful for the past 2 weeks but haven't been able to fix it, I keep getting "Fail to link USB" :( and it shows up as unknown device in device manager, does yours Linus? Or does yours have a proper usb driver for it? Cos I think that's what it needs for mine to work.

I've tried different headers/ports of USB as well as 3 different versions of igame center, I can control the LCD fine and put custom text on it, but uploading an image just doesn't work. 

ZaYTY7E.png

it's not Miku that's why... rookie mistake! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity