what is he difference between oculus rift vs quest vs htc vive

Anas Dweik

hi  guys . i really dont know anything about VRs . and i am planning to buy used vr .

but i cant understand the difference between oculus rift vs quest vs htc vive.

which one should i get " away from prices" .

i want it for steam vr games and pc games in general .

i am looking for best performance 

The only functional one for me is the other two aren’t owned by Facebook and don’t require you wave the electronic equivalent of your bare ass in the air to be mined for data.  There are probably lots of others but that one there makes them irrelevant.  Data is worth money and you don’t get to choose how much you pay.  It’s “everything we can find of value”.  Even if occulus was free it would still be too expensive.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

All 3 have similar-ish display specs.

Rift and Vive are both PC-based, and require a decent gaming system. The Quest can run off either a gaming PC or standalone using an onboard ARM CPU.

Both Oculus headsets require you to use a Facebook account, so if you don't like Facebook stealing your data, the Vive is the only option.

Does that help?

Personally I enjoy my vive quite a lot and would put it above the original rift, but they are at least are very similar and would both provide a comfortable experience

the quest is not really in the same category as these headsets and I really wouldn't recommend the first iteration of the quest

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

33 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

All 3 have similar-ish display specs.

Rift and Vive are both PC-based, and require a decent gaming system. The Quest can run off either a gaming PC or standalone using an onboard ARM CPU.

Both Oculus headsets require you to use a Facebook account, so if you don't like Facebook stealing your data, the Vive is the only option.

Does that help?

hmm i dont really care about my information , cuz i have no information to give . just chat with friends. so does that mean i go for oculus?

35 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The only functional one for me is the other two aren’t owned by Facebook and don’t require you wave the electronic equivalent of your bare ass in the air to be mined for data.  There are probably lots of others but that one there makes them irrelevant.  Data is worth money and you don’t get to choose how much you pay.  It’s “everything we can find of value”.  Even if occulus was free it would still be too expensive.

i dont really care about my data , my facebook is empty . but i will with htc vive . fk facebook

While someone who uses their facebook account a lot may have a lot of info on it.. its not the only source of info. The device itself has a bunch of data gathering sensors on it, and the software interface for the programs and games u play also has a bunch of data gathering included. All of which is being sent to Facebook.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |