Video Idea: Demonstrating Multi GPU workloads for non-gaming purposes

Saltyroast

I hope posting a link to Nvidia’s channel is ok given LMG is owned by them: 

I saw this video recently and was thinking,

ive seen crazy builds before with 4 titan Xps and a thread-ripper and what not, but I haven’t seen anyone clearly demonstrate WHY this insane amount of horsepower is necessary for AI and machine learning (some of you will try to explain here, that’s fine, I’m looking for a video) so I thought it would be cool if LTT showed off this system given their nvidia ties and compare it to a normal 2080ti or 3080 running the same workloads, and demonstrate the differences in calculating speed and machine learning efficiency using the same benchmarking format they use with new GPUs or CPUs

14 minutes ago, Saltyroast said:

I hope posting a link to Nvidia’s channel is ok given LMG is owned by them: 

LMG isn't owned by Nvidia

And most people won't have an appreciation for the heavy enterprise workloads that are done, they rarely even talk about consumer productivity applications.

19 minutes ago, Saltyroast said:

Nvidia’s channel is ok given LMG is owned by them: 

You live up to your name 😂

Potato

11 minutes ago, jollander said:

You live up to your name 😂

I don’t mean they’re “shills” I thought Linus said Nvidia was the parent company of LTT? Didn’t they make a video about it?

3 minutes ago, Saltyroast said:

I don’t mean they’re “shills” I thought Linus said Nvidia was the parent company of LTT? Didn’t they make a video about it?

They're not, and there are multiple videos and wan shows where he wonders where people get that from. 

Potato

apart from the stupid comment that Nvidia owns LMG
It is a good idea to show to people that GPU can do more than gaming, but Linus will probably play DOOM and Tomb Raider again, like it's an indicator

2 hours ago, Saltyroast said:

2 hours ago, jollander said:

They're not, and there are multiple videos and wan shows where he wonders where people get that from. 

Isn't this the video about it? :P 

That's easy to find if you look outside of the "gamer" scene:

I see now reason why LTT would make a video like so since it's way outside of their target audience.

Also, there's a proper thread for that: 

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

1 hour ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

Isn't this the video about it? :P 

There is a thing in this world called

Satire.

LMG is not owned, supplemented, conglomerated, or share invested by NVIDIA or any other company. Linus is the sole owner.

-= Topic locked =-

As mentioned, there is a topic for video suggestions please visit that thread to post them.

Thank-you.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER