how do I make a laptop display seem like a 720p display but really it is 1080p

RTX 3070 I7 11800h

Let me explain. I have a new monitor (2560x1080) and my laptop screen is 1920x1080 well

image.png.5469b03f2d6b81ca86578735277af321.png

As you can see it thinks they are the same size when really one is a 29 inch ultrawide and the other is a 15 inch laptop screen. is there any ways I can make the laptop screen a 15 inch? so it can match up?

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

Accord to your screenshot your machine is well aware of the ultrawides dimensions and resolution.

I know but if I change it 2 720p its more accurate of how big my laptop screen vs my ultrawide is 

image.png

Edit: but I want the full 1080p while having a seemless drag from the first monitor to the second

The preview window on the resolution section is showing the relative size differences between resolutions and the placement of the panels in the windows environment and has nothing to do with the screen sizes in real life.

Changing the laptop screen to 720p will only be a downgrade 

Just now, emosun said:

The preview window on the resolution section is showing the relative size differences between resolutions and the placement of the panels in the windows environment and has nothing to do with the screen sizes in real life.

Changing the laptop screen to 720p will only be a downgrade 

welp I guess Im stuck with a not very seemless cut

1 minute ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

welp I guess Im stuck with a not very seemless cut

Which is 100% normal and expected behavior when you use two totally different monitors that are different sizes and resolutions. Typically the only situation where you'd want the image to align between the monitors happens when you uses monitors that are not 100% mismatched

9 minutes ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

I know but if I change it 2 720p its more accurate of how big my laptop screen vs my ultrawide is 

image.png

Edit: but I want the full 1080p while having a seemless drag from the first monitor to the second

Aha. This is a resolution vs ppi thing, and you’re trying to make a seamless desktop.  This one is going to suck.  I’ve seen their done, but it’s not reliable, rarely perfect, and tends to have problems.  This is an major reason why when people do merged monitors it’s just a heckuva lot better if the monitors are identical.

How to do it anyway: you’d don’t want to match DPI, you want to match virtual PPI.  You’re going to need to find out what the PPI for each monitor is at whatever resolution. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, TheInfinityBacon said:

If you are just trying to make your mouse line up with the second monitor when you move across to it, you can use LittleBigMouse.

https://github.com/mgth/LittleBigMouse

🤯 ^ this.  This first.  That app would have saved me literally weeks of my life. No balancing messy interpolation levels and determining how much blurriness can be dealt with o m g.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.