2080ti Running at full tilt when 3 displays are used.

Jstagzsr

msi Gaming X Trio 2080ti (yes i do wish i waited for 3k series)
i have dual 43" 4k monitors side x side and another 1080p 27" panel up top for stats and stuff.. I noticed one day when i was disabling monitors to leave the pc running overnight for a 3d print that i had going that when i disable 2 of the 3 monitors, MSI Afterburner goes from 1300mhz GPU clock and 7000mhz mem clock down to a few hundred on each.. and as soon as i enable 2 or 3 of the monitors again it jumps back up to full tilt and stays there.. even if all im doing is staring at the desktop with nothing running..

I know most people would probably not care about this but its bothering the sh!t out of me... I want to have all my monitors on while im on the computer, and i also dont want my 1300$ gpu going full blast 24/7 unless im gaming or rendering or something..

Is there a way to fix this???

also, Why cant i control my gpu fans? ONLY dragon center works for controlling fans, and the only option they have for gpu fans is that almost worthless "cooler boost" where it blasts the fans at 100% for 10 seconds then doesnt let ytou click it again for 5 minutes.. afterburner, speedfan, X1, NOTHING will succesfully control the gpu fans... case fans work fine and are fully controllable, only the 2080ti fans are not controllable.

Any ideas?

TIA

So it just clocks high, don't see why that would bother you. Has nothing to do with load. 

Cant say much about the fan control, I dont by that brand for a few reasons. Normally programs give me fan control without issues. Maybe try another one.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

5 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

So it just clocks high, don't see why that would bother you. Has nothing to do with load. 

Cant say much about the fan control, I dont by that brand for a few reasons. Normally programs give me fan control without issues. Maybe try another one.

Ive tried every fan controlling program i could think of, then googled a few more. NONE work..

And yeah its clocking higher, not a higher load, but still.. the amount of money i paid when i built this computer it should be running flawlessly for one, but i also want the maximum possible life i can get out of this hardware, and things running at more than barely above idle when im doing nothing on the pc, that bothers me because its theoretically  taking lifespan away from the components.. or maybe its not at all.. idk. Seems like it is though. and even if its only taking 2 minutes off the 20 year life, thats still annoying to me.

2 hours ago, Jstagzsr said:

Ive tried every fan controlling program i could think of, then googled a few more. NONE work..

And yeah its clocking higher, not a higher load, but still.. the amount of money i paid when i built this computer it should be running flawlessly for one, but i also want the maximum possible life i can get out of this hardware, and things running at more than barely above idle when im doing nothing on the pc, that bothers me because its theoretically  taking lifespan away from the components.. or maybe its not at all.. idk. Seems like it is though. and even if its only taking 2 minutes off the 20 year life, thats still annoying to me.

It's not lowering the lifespan tho. These cards are technically designed to run at full boost 24/7 basically so don't worry about it.

It’s performing as intended. Not sure what you were expecting. 

Use nvidia inspector and setup multi monitor power saver. 

Could try it’s fan software as well. Assuming you are actually deleting all the other software installed before using another. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

22 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

It’s performing as intended. Not sure what you were expecting. 

Use nvidia inspector and setup multi monitor power saver. 

Could try it’s fan software as well. Assuming you are actually deleting all the other software installed before using another. 

ive never heard of nvidia inspector.. I use the windows tool to setup multiple monitors, which cant be deleted. Nor can dragon center but i DID try disabling it while i tried other fan programs.. But all the other programs are deleted once i realized they didnt work. some wouldnt even recognize my fans at all.. but ill definitely try this nvidia inspector.. ty.

On 11/21/2020 at 8:02 AM, jaslion said:

It's not lowering the lifespan tho. These cards are technically designed to run at full boost 24/7 basically so don't worry about it.

Thats very good to know. TY